Questions About Our Faith

@An Investigator started a thread that asked about some common questions to a multi-faith panel.  I thought it would be good to start a thread by asking my questions to those of our faith.  And if the non-LDS members of the forum are willing, I'd invite them to participate as well.

1) Sum up in one word or a brief phrase: What one quality does your faith consider the essence of what makes a "good person"?

2) Sum up in one word or a brief phrase: What one quality does your faith consider the essence of what makes a "bad person"?

3) What is your position on the concept of "tolerance"?

4) How does your faith proselyte? (I think we know this one already, but I'll leave this up for the non-LDS here).

5) What about your faith do you love the most?

6) What is something about your faith that you wish you could change?

7) What do you admire about another faith that does not exist very often in your own faith?

1. The Spirit.
  2. Lack of the Spirit.
  3. Tolerance is a wonderful and truthful principle of Godliness. Today's American/Western idea of "tolerance" bears little resemblance to the Godly principle.
  4. Members share their lives with friends and have lots of children. Young men are generally expected to serve a full-time, two-year mission, and young women are invited to do so for 18 months.
  5. The opportunity to approach God and my fellow man in Spirit.
  6. People's tenuous grasp on the gospel and its doctrines.
  7. Very little. It is perhaps the case that I have seen many Buddhists that seem unattached to money, a trait I wish I saw exhibited more uniformly among the Saints.

42 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

1) A person of integrity who is humble and moral.

Someone who focuses too much on themselves for their own gain.

Understanding that we are all Children of our Heavenly Father and reminding ourselves of this with people we dislike.

Everyone should try and plant a seed which might grow bigger.

That it brings me closer to Heavenly Father.

I wish I could change the gulf between Church doctrine and church culture.

As an ex Catholic I miss the pomp of Easter in the Catholic Church.

My response as above,  deleted the questions.

Edited by An Investigator