So what is nice about your State/Province/County?

Sunday21

5 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Well I guess this is progress! I remember an American professor trying to upset me when I was a student. Telling me happily about how people were starving in the US but the US spent a fortune on NASA. But the fact is that the USA is its own country. The US makes its own laws and they can do whatever they wish. Not my business. 

Now I must check on gun laws in Oregon before I go off to learn coding this summer! Any advice for how to avoid getting shot in high gun areas?

Don't try to rob anyone!

Take a gun safety course. Even though you don't own or carry, it is useful. For one you'll be able to recognize dumb dumbs that are best to avoid.

Or even report to police. For example, once at a crowded public place we were hanging out at, a group of dumb dumbs were shooting pistols. The one and only time I called the police when someone was out shooting for fun, was for these dorks. 

Edited by Blueskye2

I live in Southern California. It really is a beautiful state! We got rain this year and the hills bloomed. We have amazing redwood forests. We have an amazing beach. There are sights to see in the desert. I live in the San Joaquin valley, it's hot, it's dry, it's all oil and agriculture. I don't particularly like where I live except for one thing. I'm about a 2 hour drive away from everything. The beach, the snow capped mountains, the blooming hills of poppies, the desert, the beach, Los Angeles, red wood forests. It's all roughly 2 to 3 hours away from me. Which is a really, really cool thing.