Something drew me here all the way from Europe and Im not exactly sure what it is...

3 hours ago, Kimberley93 said:

So I read more about it online and there are apparently full tithing, part time tithing and non tithing members., and the last two are not allowed to enter a temple or perform certain functions. As far as I've understood. Some websites even say part time and non tithing members are going to 'burn in hell'. 

Ummm.... Mormons don't believe anyone "burns in Hell", so I don't think your webpages are accurate.  Here's some god information for you (in Dutch) https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-32-tithes-and-offerings?lang=nld

3 hours ago, Kimberley93 said:

I guess maybe it's better to postpone serious issues like baptism till better financial times arrive,  But I unfortunately don't see that happen in the near future. I mean I could quit and contact the church within a few years again but that seems more like wasting years/time. I was thinking maybe the subject would be brought up on its own eventually I feel really uncomfortable mentioning it out of nowhere and having to explain the truth about how I failed a lot in this life and the Chances of it improving are significantly small?

Rather than waiting years, why not just talk to your bishop now?   He can go over the details of your individual circumstances and figure thins out with you.  People are hear to help you.  If something is on your mind, it's important.

18 minutes ago, Kimberley93 said:

Thank you all! "I already didn't believe the burn in hell thing, it was clear the websitw was very prejudiced towards Mormons. I think so too, cause I'm getting more serious about this now! And I'm really interested in getting baptized. 

Just an idea...when you go to church, the bishop is usually one of the guys on the stand. If you walk up to the front of the room and ask one of the people facing the audience 'How do I make an appointment with the bishop? ', they will direct you to the right person. Good luck! 

Edited by Sunday21

1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

Just an idea...when you go to church, the bishop is usually one of the guys on the stand. If you walk up to the front of the room and ask one of the people facing the audience 'How do I make an appointment with the bishop? ', they will direct you to the right person. Good luck! 

The missionaries will also have his contact info and will be happy to share it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kimberley.  I hope you find more joy in the Latter-Day Saint religion than me.  I am very happy to be a member of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It is not easy being a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ but I found it is the way of happiness.   Give us any updates when you can.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Kimberley93 said:

:DI have a big announcement to make.. I got officially baptized yesterday on Saturday. It was a really beautiful and purifying moment. I have already met many great people. 

Congratulations, @Kimberley93!  Wonderful news.  I'm very happy for you.  I hope you make new friends and get to experience Visiting Teaching and a calling soon. :)

Congratulations @Kimberley93.I hope you are nourished and nurtured by all those in your ward or branch. Expect some trials and difficulties, but also expect help, support and strength. I hope you can accept the trials and the help and that you continue to move forward with hope and happiness.