Gene Simmons You Are An Idiot

mirkwood

I don't get the original post. Isn't that Ronnie James Dio?

Well here are my top 12 albums of all time. Why 12...cause 12 Apostles, 12 Days of Christmas ..etc

1. Rush Moving - Pictures
2. Coldplay - X&Y
3. U2 - Unforgettable Fire
4. Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
5. Pink Floyd - The Wall
6. The Cars - Shake it up
7. Big Country - Steeltown
8. A-ha - Hunting High and Low
9. Senses Fail - Still Searching 
10. The Cardigans - Gran Turismo
11. Doves - Lost Souls
12. Gorillaz - Demon Days

Favorite Soundtrack of all time - The Big Chill 

4 minutes ago, Windseeker said:

I don't get the original post. Isn't that Ronnie James Dio?

Yes it is Ronnie James Dio.  It's not Gene Simmons.

16 hours ago, Godless said:

Shame on both of you for neglecting to mention the ultimate godfathers of metal, IRON MAIDEN!!! I am outraged (but not really)!!! You can definitely make a case for Sabbath and Priest, but I'm all about Iron Maiden when it comes to that era of metal. 

Iron Butterfly came first. :D

On 6/15/2017 at 2:04 PM, DoctorLemon said:

I actually read one critic who argued that Led Zeppelin should be considered the greatest rock band of all time, even over the Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

This is just common sense. The Beatles were amazing, but were much more edgy pop than rock (in the modern sense). The Stones simply suck and always have.

I like Led Zeppelin.  They were one of the greatest of their time, but certainly not the greatest of all time.  I'm not sure any one band can hold that title.  There were so many influential bands in the 70's and 80's that it would be hard to choose.

Guest MormonGator
12 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I like Led Zeppelin.  They were one of the greatest of their time, but certainly not the greatest of all time.  I'm not sure any one band can hold that title.  There were so many influential bands in the 70's and 80's that it would be hard to choose.

I basically agree but if you could do a best band of all time, it was almost have to be The Beatles. Before anyone did anything, they did everything. That might be the only thing @Vort and I agree on, though I love the Stones. 

Edited by MormonGator

When people ask me if I prefer the Beatles or the Rolling Stones, I habitually and enthusiastically answer, "Bob Dylan!"  

My wife rolls her eyes when I do this (and says something to the effect that Bob Dylan can't sing).