Good news about climate change

Sunday21

Finally some good news about climate change. I got a call from a weathly friend who just bought some farm land in northern Canada. There are pockets of land in the north that are now worth much more as the climate warms up and is now valuable farm land. Lots of the northern land is still not worth much as the glaciers stripped up the top soil but where the glaciers dumped the soil, the land is now good for farming. Prices of land are quadrupling in certain areas. Mennonite communities are moving north to these pockets. The longer summers days found in northern climates are also helpful for farmers. 

Edited by Sunday21

52 minutes ago, cdowis said:

And what are they going to do when the ice pack melts and all this land is under water?  :eek:

Well this land, Cochran, is pretty far inland so I think it will be okay

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Cochrane,+Ontario/@49.0650259,-81.0299298,8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4d3d2fa3be1d0ca7:0xd7fac7e9f031f56

https://www.google.ca/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x4d3d2fa3be1d0ca7%3A0xd7fac7e9f031f56&hl=en-CA&viewerState=ga

i guess we will lose some islands. I have a solution!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=move+to+manitoba+canada&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari

Edited by Sunday21

13 hours ago, cdowis said:

And what are they going to do when the ice pack melts and all this land is under water?  :eek:

Make scuba diving resorts and charge people money to see the underwater cities!

Climate change is a miracle!

After hearing this great news, I have decided to hold a cross country race using cars with less than 10 mpg. And at the end, we will have a tire burning party, followed by dumping all our gas and oil into the ocean (still trying to figure out the benefit of dumping oil... I have faith something will come up).

• 2 weeks later...

Just in:

https://thsresearch.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf

in case the link doesn't work, here's the document.

ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf

Let me summarize:  When a measuring station has been contaminated by the heat island effect, it is moved to somewhere outside the city limits.  But it is then forever adjusted to include the heat island effect that it was trying to neutralize in the first place.  Then they remove that history and repeat with each change in urban boundaries.  Thus the temperature adjustments continue to be arithmetically increased with further and further flawed data which gives us an abnormally high reading.

This method was used in EVERY major climate reporting organization.  So, it may very well be that the temperature isn't going up at all -- or at least a lot less than we thought.

On the flip side: This also means that when we've reported much colder temperatures in some areas, it is REALLY colder in those areas.

@Carborendum I think it is an awesome study, and makes it's point very well.  The problem is that out in the world we are trying to make the case to people who make up their science and who don't even use real scientific data anymore to justify their beliefs.  I never thought that the most useless knowledge from high school science would be how X and Y chromosomes work!  I was reading some comments about that study on a few other websites earlier today and all the climate change activists are shouting that the study doesn't count because it was paid for by the Koch brothers.  Unfortunately, you can't defeat stupid, except with education, however, when people are now being taught stupid, we are screwed!  :eek:

On 6/25/2017 at 4:03 PM, Blackmarch said:

I'm still waiting for my tropical antarticta

Actually the charts I saw clearly showed increasing ice in the Antarctic, but decreasing ice in the Arctic. Notice how the news outlets don't ever say anything about the Antarctic ice... I hope to provide a link soon, I'm on my phone.