Clean YA Romances?

RooTheMormon

This is my 2nd post here of the day. Sorry, not trying to spam.

I love YA romances. I find them charming and sweet. But it is SO hard to find clean romances nowadays! I found an author named Janette Rallison, who writes clean comedy/romances because she herself is LDS. Ive read all of her books now. Any recommendations for clean comedy/romance/YA?

@SilentOne Me too! Janette is amazing! I LOVE fairy tale retellings. Im actually reading one right now that is a little bit vulgar but not too bad. Mainly stuff youd hear on any PG-13 mormon okay movie (ex. The Hunger Games). Anyways I'll read pretty much anything! I manly like realistic fiction, comedy, romance, sci fi, and fairy tale retellings, but I read pretty much anything that inertests me!

Have you read Shannon Hale? Her YA books are Princess Academy and its sequels Palace of Stone and The Forgotten Sisters; the Books of Bayern, made up of The Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Forest Born; Book of a Thousand Days; and Dangerous. My favorites are Princess Academy and Enna Burning, though I'd probably still read The Goose Girl before Enna Burning, even though the latter could stand alone. All except Dangerous are fantasy-ish, with Goose Girl a fairy tale retelling. Dangerous is present-day superhero sci-fi.

What about Jessica Day George? I think all of hers are fantasy though I haven't read them all. Princess of the Midnight Ball, Princess of Glass, and Princess of the Silver Woods are a series and so should be read in that order, though they don't really have to be. All are fairy tale retellings (Twelve Dancing Princesses, Cinderella, and Red Riding Hood, respectively), as is Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow (East of the Sun, West of the Moon). I think the first book of hers I read was Dragon Slippers, which has two sequels, Dragon Flight and Dragon Spear. She also has a series for middle grades I've only read one of, starting with Tuesdays at the Castle and going through the week to Saturdays at Sea, and another YA book I haven't read, Silver in the Blood.

Angela Morrison's books are less light-hearted. She describes them herself as "break your heart coming of age YA and New Adult romances." I'm not sure whether all her books are available in hardcopy or not. I've only read about 1 1/2 of her books because at the time I came across them I was in a pretty dark place and tried to stick to happier fiction to keep me balanced, but she is a good writer. Her Taken by Storm trilogy and Sing Me to Sleep are modern day realistic fiction (Taken by Storm and Sing Me to Sleep are the ones I know are available as physical books). She also has a historical fiction series based on her own family history. The first book is An Ocean atween Us and apparently it is still the only one out.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried any Kasie West yet? So far i'm liking her better than Rallison.

I'm assuming you are just looking for contemporary stuff here. If you're interested in historical, let me know. I've got a whole list of great historical authors.

Thought of some more: Rachael Anderson is an author you could try and Jenni James for fairy tale retellings. And i just finished one by Staci Stallings called Dreams by Starlight that i thought was really good.

Edited by Connie
add some