17 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I found out why.  You can't order them online.  You have to go through a special process.  From what I can see, the only difference is that the markings are silkscreened or reverse stitched (a method which allows the threads to only be seen on one side) onto the inside of the cloth.

The colors will vary with the branch of service.  For instance, AF personnel can get blue garments.

Actually, you can order them online :)  The LDS clothing website is quite military friendly. 

22 hours ago, Bad Karma said:

Actually, you can order them online :)  The LDS clothing website is quite military friendly. 

Then explain how because all I got was the "contact us"page.

Later,I found the order form that you can email or snail mail.

On 9/8/2017 at 11:05 PM, Carborendum said:

Then explain how because all I got was the "contact us"page.

Later,I found the order form that you can email or snail mail.

I don't know why you're having a hard time accessing it. Go to LDS Distribution services, go over to garments, scroll down, there they are. I'm looking at them right now. 

Caveat, maybe it is something your bishop needs to notate on your account, like a "Military" check box. Give LDS distribution a call and ask why you are having difficulty accessing military garments, I affirm that I am seeing them available at the moment of this posting. You select either tops or bottoms, at the bottom are military garments, titled "Military - Coyote - TAN 499"

• 5 years later...

Well, the instructions on wearing it is given in the endowment, but here's what the handbook has to say about garments:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/general-handbook/38-church-policies-and-guidelines?lang=eng&id=title_number229-p2466#title_number229

Wearing and Caring for the Garment

Members who receive the endowment make a covenant to wear the temple garment throughout their lives.

It is a sacred privilege to wear the temple garment. Doing so is an outward expression of an inner commitment to follow the Savior Jesus Christ.

The garment is a reminder of covenants made in the temple. When worn properly throughout life, it will serve as a protection.

The garment should be worn beneath the outer clothing. It is a matter of personal preference whether other undergarments are worn over or under the temple garment.

The garment should not be removed for activities that can reasonably be done while wearing the garment. It should not be modified to accommodate different styles of clothing.

The garment is sacred and should be treated with respect. Endowed members should seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit to answer personal questions about wearing the garment.

5 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Well, the instructions on wearing it is given in the endowment, but here's what the handbook has to say about garments:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/manual/general-handbook/38-church-policies-and-guidelines?lang=eng&id=title_number229-p2466#title_number229

To answer his question the handbook doesn't say.  

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

There's nothing wrong with that as long as you're conscientious about getting clothed if someone knocks at your door.

I personally just wear athletic shorts and a regular plain T-shirt when I'm around the house. 

It's lightweight enough to be comfortable, but also "presentable" enough that if someone does drop over I don't look out of place. 

On 7/8/2017 at 12:06 AM, Jane_Doe said:

Note: a reason garments have been talked about especially lately is that the church is discontinuing a few styles to replace them with new ones.  This happens... well, so uncommonly I can't think of the last time *blush*.  So yeah, we on the board have been discussing it more lately as a current news event thing.

You receive your garments when you receive your endowments at the temple as a adult.  This could be 1) before your mission, 2) before you get sealed, or 3) just some other time when you feel ready.  As part of the endowment, we convent to wear them night and day, to remind us of our commitment to Christ.  Now, this is obviously not literally every minute of everyday.  The most common exceptions are removal for sex, swimming, and sports.  Obviously an endowed member can choose to renegade on their promise to God, but that's not a good thing. 

Only just now found this discussion because someone bumped it.

As I've mentioned before, no one took me seriously when I complained about various aches and pains as a teenager, and so I am now somewhat deformed from scoliosis. 

One of the unfortunate side effects of my deformity is that it makes certain personal hygiene tasks difficult for me. This means I, shall we say, go through undergarments at a faster than normal rate. 

Given the difficulty I face in acquiring new garments (the nearest temple is 3 hours each way, and ordering is dicey due to porch pirates), I normally wear traditional skivvies in my day-to-day because they're much easier to replace, and reserve my garments for important events to minimize wear and tear. 

Some people I've spoken with understand, but others - like my mom - give me grief. 

To continue Ancient Bumped Thread, and giving respect to @Ironhold's medical needs, I do have to wonder about some of the hygiene already in place that affects the ability to wear garments.

I totally get and appreciate difficulty when you've tried everything.

But, in specifics to women, it seems a lot of girls don't have the best hygiene and then tend to blame it on the garment. Such examples such as not drying out "down there" properly and the trend of a full shave in such area, which is generally not recommended if one has a tendency to infections. Combine these with fashionably tight clothing (including certain garment styles) and it's no wonder some are suffering.