Waiting to hear from mission office

Cheerio25

About 10 months ago I had to wait to go on my mission due to some violations of the law of chastity. I recently found out that after a year of waiting, I should be able to find out when I can go again. In about 2 months the priesthood authorities and I will submit our letters to the mission office. My question is, does anyone know how long it should take once those letters are in to hear back from the mission office? I've heard of it taking a very short time in some circumstances, me in others, several months. I'm just curious to know if I should be returning to school in He meantime, if I should start buying stuff and packing now, etc. Thank you in advance!!

14 hours ago, Cheerio25 said:

About 10 months ago I had to wait to go on my mission due to some violations of the law of chastity. I recently found out that after a year of waiting, I should be able to find out when I can go again. In about 2 months the priesthood authorities and I will submit our letters to the mission office. My question is, does anyone know how long it should take once those letters are in to hear back from the mission office? I've heard of it taking a very short time in some circumstances, me in others, several months. I'm just curious to know if I should be returning to school in He meantime, if I should start buying stuff and packing now, etc. Thank you in advance!!

Usually, you'd make a decision about if you're going to school or take care of other business before you submit.  Then you put the availability date on the paperwork to work around that schedule.

16 hours ago, Cheerio25 said:

I don't know how long it will take, but I will say this!  Relax and enjoy the downtime before the mission!  Hit the beach and get some sun, because you are going to be plenty busy once the papers come back and you are on your mission!

13 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

It's very variable, so not something we could say.  When you do get your papers, they'll have a departure date several months out so you'll have plenty of time to pack.

Someone in my stake opened their call at the end of June and report the very beginning of August.

On 13/07/2017 at 9:03 AM, Cheerio25 said:

I know of someone in my stake who was in this same situation. My understanding is that the problems with the violation of the law of chastity did not have any impact on the length of time it took for a mission application to be processed and a call issued. The timing associated with these things is always highly variable and very difficult to predict. I endorse what @Jane_Doe and @DoctorLemon have said - you'll have plenty of time to prepare and try to relax and enjoy the pre-mission down time in ways that will minimise the likelihood of any more temptations or violations.