Myers Briggs personality type

It was about 15 years ago.  And I thought it was about like a horoscope.  You could read any of them and figure that it described anyone.

Funny thing about it was that although there are 16 combinations, the book we had only listed 14.  I wondered what happened to the other two.  My eldest son was one of the two missing types.

My wife somehow found out that the other two are so extremely rare that they just didn't bother listing or describing them.  Well, yes, my son is one-of-a-kind.

Edited by Guest

I've taken different online versions over the last ten years or so, and it varies, depending on which test and what is going on in my life when I take it. I last took one in May and got INFJ. Honestly, the Introverted over Extroverted is the only thing that hasn't changed.

When we took those career aptitude tests in high school, my two letter code offered such a small number of careers that they used a third letter. I'm an odd duck.

• 1 month later...

Well, who knows how accurate it is or not.  You definitely wouldn't see it from my posts here, probably.

Mine looks to be Mediator Personality (INFP-T)

It looks like it was a pretty close call between me being an introvert or extrovert though...so I suppose on a different day it may have a slightly different result?

The only other one which was close was identity which had me at 45% assertive and 55% turbulent...not certain the turbulent sounds all that great...

Guest LiterateParakeet
On 7/13/2017 at 7:40 PM, DoctorLemon said:

I scored INFP.

Me too!  

I actually love the Myers Briggs.  I have a book called Please Understand Me by David Keirsey.  It's great.  Among other things, he talks about how since Plato (or earlier, I can't remember) many of the philosophers have believed in the four basic personalities.  Myers Briggs further sub-divides each of those four into four, so 16.    I have found this book/methodology very helpful in understanding my family, and others I interact with.  My relationships are better because of this book.    If you are interested in Myers Briggs, I recommend this book!  

By the way, Plato did not use the confusing letter system that Myers Briggs uses.  He called the four basic personalities Guardian, Artisan, Rational and Idealist.  You and I are idealists.  Guardian and Artisan are the most common according to Keirsey.  Rationals are less common and Idealists are the least common.    It's always very amusing to me that the section on Guardians seems to come straight out of church manuals!  It explains a lot. :)  

Here's Keirsey's website:
https://www.keirsey.com/4temps/overview_temperaments.asp

Edited by LiterateParakeet

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, zil said:

Hey! Look! He is a Fountain Pen! :o  How cool is that? :cool:

Myers-Briggs description[edit]

According to Myers-Briggs, ISFPs are peaceful, easygoing people who adopt a "live and let live" approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Although quiet, they are pleasant, considerate, caring, and devoted to the people in their lives. Though not inclined to debate or necessarily even air their views, their values are important to them.

Link

39 minutes ago, person0 said:

I just took a test online.  It says I am ENTP.

Most of this article about it pins me down pretty well.

That website calls me INTJ-a.  I'm not entirely convinced of the accuracy, though it seems mostly correct.  I'm thinking I may have failed parts of the test.  Or maybe I have a brain tumor - that would be a nice, guilt-free explanation for everything.