Lds clipart

10 hours ago, brenda0549 said:

Those are just for personal, I need commercial.  Thanks though

Brenda, I think 2 cents has a good suggestion.

2 hours ago, my two cents said:

Maybe you could hire an artistic teenager??

Download whatever you want and get someone cheap to re-create it with their own flair.

When I said, "I don't know if you can use them for commercial use" what I meant was that if something is in the public domain, I'm not sure what the law is about commercializing them.  So, ANY free stuff may not be commercializable.  You'd have to ask a lawyer.

@Just_A_Guy, @DoctorLemon??  Care to comment?

45 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Brenda, I think 2 cents has a good suggestion.

Download whatever you want and get someone cheap to re-create it with their own flair.

When I said, "I don't know if you can use them for commercial use" what I meant was that if something is in the public domain, I'm not sure what the law is about commercializing them.  So, ANY free stuff may not be commercializable.  You'd have to ask a lawyer.

@Just_A_Guy, @DoctorLemon??  Care to comment?

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, but if I were you I would be very careful about downloading and using stuff (e.g., photos, clipart, etc.) you find online.  There is a cottage industry of lawyers who troll the internet for copyright violations, and mail out demand letters for $2-3000 if they find you using a photo or a drawing or whatever without permission (and it is surprisingly easy to track someone down based on just a website).  These days, it is just about impossible to tell if something is truly in the public domain or if a dishonest website is advertising something as in the public domain when it is, in fact, copyrighted.  A lot of people get in trouble from copying something they found online, even something advertised as "public domain", and then using it on a website or an advertisement or whatever.  This goes for both commercial and even personal webpages!  

Even if the original is somehow altered, this may not be enough to ward off a demand letter.  "Copyright trolls" are willing to push fair use to its minimum, further than what would hold up in court, betting that you would rather pay up than pay money for a lawyer.

Basically, it may be good advice to not trust anyone's representations about online photos (both free and from shady "stock photo companies") - assume it is copyrighted and restricted to the max, because all too often people rely on someone saying the photo is "public domain" or "OK for personal use" when it is not!  And, since copyright is strict liability (you can be fined even if you didn't know any better), ignorance of the photo's origins generally does not hold up.

Better idea?  Draw something fully original by yourself and then take a picture of it and use that.

Edited by DoctorLemon

24 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

I keep telling you I accept payment in pies, brownies, and cakes.  But still my bills remain unpaid.  *sigh*

But will you accept kim chee, japche, and pot stickers?

1 hour ago, zil said:

:eek: He's a lawyer in a state where pot is very illegal, and you're asking him if he'll accept these as payment!?

So, THAT's what was making these things green.

82nd-avenue-dumplings-720915cb8ec91a3f.thumb.jpg.a52d4c235dfe4d013ed68e1dc5860312.jpg

7 minutes ago, zil said:

1928463261.jpg

...and I don't think I want to eat either one...

EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! EWW! 

THAT IS NOT A CAT!!!

Edited by Guest