Do I Have a Place in God's Kingdom?

RooTheMormon

A couple weeks ago, I was hanging out with the YW in my ward. One girl is not a member of the church, but of course, we always welcome her to come to YW's with us. One of the girls had (accidentally, although it could have been easily prevented) damaged church property. She showed us where it was and was asking us for advice on what to do. Me, being the sarcastic person I am, told her that she had lost most of her brownie points in heaven. We all got a good laugh out of that, until the non-lds girl spoke up, telling me that she had no place in God's kingdom. It took me a moment to register what she had just said. I have always felt apart of God's kingdom, so I wasnt sure what to say to her. I reasurred her by teeling her not to be silly- of course you have a place in God's kingdom! Our Heavenly Father loves all his children, and that means you too.

But as time passes, I ponder on how I can help to make her feel apart of God's kingdom. Do I help teach her about mormon doctrine? Do I pray for her? Do I teach her how to pray? Do I share my testimony with her?

Neither of us can attend church due to our parents, so how can I help her?

:help:

1 hour ago, RooTheMormon said:

Neither of us can attend church due to our parents, so how can I help her?

Would she enjoy participating in this forum?  There are many who will be willing to teach her the phi. . . about her role and opportunity as it pertains to Gods Kingdom.

In all seriousness, when I was a teenager, I loved participating in discussion/chat groups like this.  I suppose I still do so perhaps that's not saying much.  But you are here, so if you like it she might also.  Definitely can build camaraderie and faith being able to chat and discuss gospel principles, especially with other limitations like those you are currently experiencing.  I've always been very studious in the gospel; both by interest and need. But I've stepped it up even more since joining the forum!  Got to keep up with the likes of @Vort@The Folk Prophet, @Carborendum, @zil, etc, who all seem to have been here forever, and to have much gospel wisdom and knowledge to share.  Plus all the other wonderful insightful members (who would take me all day to list off so forgive me for abstaining).  Anyway, you are also here which could make it more fun for her as well.  Just a thought.  :)

Ask her why an infinite deity who upholds worlds without end, an eternal civilizationin, has arbitrarily decided that she is not welcome in his kingdom. Especially when he sent her to earth in the first place, to enter into his kingdom. (this statement is for effect, don't actually ask her this)

Let's read from the book of Moses, chapter 7:62-63

This is about the restoration and the last days before the millennium.

"And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.

And the Lord said unto Enoch: Then shalt thou and all thy city meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other;"

This is his attitude towards his saints. And he has commanded everyone to become saints, In this life or the hereafter.

Now here's his attitude towards the wicked.

"And it came to pass that the God of heaven looked upon the residue of the people, and he wept; and Enoch bore record of it, saying: How is it that the heavens weep, and shed forth their tears as the rain upon the mountains?

And Enoch said unto the Lord: How is it that thou canst weep, seeing thou art holy, and from all eternity to all eternity?

And were it possible that man could number the particles of the earth, yea, millions of earths like this, it would not be a beginning to the number of thy creations; and thy curtains are stretched out still; and yet thou art there, and thy bosom is there; and also thou art just; thou art merciful and kind forever; ... how is it thou canst weep?

The Lord said unto Enoch: Behold these thy brethren; they are the workmanship of mine own hands, and I gave unto them their knowledge, in the day I created them; and in the Garden of Eden, gave I unto man his agency;

And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood;

And the fire of mine indignation is kindled against them; and in my hot displeasure will I send in the floods upon them, for my fierce anger is kindled against them.

Behold, I am God; Man of Holiness is my name; Man of Counsel is my name; and Endless and Eternal is my name, also.

But behold, their sins shall be upon the heads of their fathers; Satan shall be their father, and misery shall be their doom; and the whole heavens shall weep over them, even all the workmanship of mine hands; wherefore should not the heavens weep, seeing these shall suffer?

But behold, these which thine eyes are upon shall perish in the floods; and behold, I will shut them up; a prison have I prepared for them.

And [mine Only Begotten] hath pled before my face. Wherefore, he suffereth for their sins; inasmuch as they will repent in the day that my Chosen shall return unto me, and until that day they shall be in torment;

Wherefore, for this shall the heavens weep, yea, and all the workmanship of mine hands." - Moses 7:28-40 (give or take)

To claim for herself that she has no place in the kingdom seems like a statement from inexperience (it's even contrary to the Commandments.) She needs to learn the attributes and characteristics of the Father and the Son.

Funny thing, little does she know, that if she was the only person who would ever hearken unto His voice, Christ still would come, and would still suffer, if it meant she would be saved.

8 hours ago, RooTheMormon said:

But as time passes, I ponder on how I can help to make her feel apart of God's kingdom. Do I help teach her about mormon doctrine? Do I pray for her? Do I teach her how to pray? Do I share my testimony with her?

Those seem like good ways to help her.  I would say helping her to learn doctrine should come slowly, perhaps through example and reading the Book of Mormon with her (if she's interested), or the New Testament if her family won't let her read the Book of Mormon.  Do these things naturally, as part of your friendship and interaction (rather than forcing them or being in a rush to get them all in).  Building the friendship will be a big help, I think.

For a young person, 1 year is a significant percentage of their total experience.  The older you get, the smaller that percentage is (and the smaller it seems).  Thus, to you and her right now, waiting until she's 18 to be able to join or attend church may seem an eternity.  But take my word for it, it's not that long, and it's OK.  There's no condemnation associated with the limitations your parents have placed on you - and enormous blessing promised for those who honor father and mother.  Be patient.  Do the best you can now - there is no shortage of good a person can do without church attendance.  As long as neither of you gives up in following Christ's example, it will be well in the end.