Opportunities

I was at a gathering where we were supposed to discuss famous quotes.  One of them we were given was

As we get older we find that we regret the things we didn't do more than the things we did do.

I was surprised that I was the only one who disagreed with this.  What do you think?

Guest LiterateParakeet

I'm with you. Of course its an individual thing, but I would think most people would disagree. 

I believe the quote is referring to missed opportunities...like you never finished that novel you talked about writing, or started your own business like you dreamed of.

For me, I wanted to be a wife, mother and continue my education. I did/am doing both and I have no regrets. I dont intend to have any later either.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:02 AM, Carborendum said:

I was at a gathering where we were supposed to discuss famous quotes.  One of them we were given was

I was surprised that I was the only one who disagreed with this.  What do you think?

As we get older we find that we regret the things we didn't do more than the things we did do.

During a Sunday School lesson a while back I heard a teacher say that the number one thing people who are in their senior years regret is not having enough children.  It sounded reasonable to me so I believed it for a while.  Now that we have Google I was able to look the answer up for myself the other day.  Not having enough children is definitely NOT the number one thing people who are in their senior years regret

On 8/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, clbent04 said:

During a Sunday School lesson a while back I heard a teacher say that the number one thing people who are in their senior years regret is not having enough children.  It sounded reasonable to me so I believed it for a while.  Now that we have Google I was able to look the answer up for myself the other day.  Not having enough children is definitely NOT the number one thing people who are in their senior years regret

The regret is not having enough Grandchildren!

42 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

The regret is not having enough Grandchildren!

But where does that belong in the quote?  Because, you can't not do that... and you can't do that either.  Oh... maybe you didn't have enough children to produce enough grandchildren.  You miscalculated! :)

10 hours ago, anatess2 said:

But where does that belong in the quote?  Because, you can't not do that... and you can't do that either.  Oh... maybe you didn't have enough children to produce enough grandchildren.  You miscalculated! :)

You've got to front end load the system.