Sharing is Caring Tag!!!!

TheCraCraMormon

@Anddenex I really appreciated the verse a little before the one you posted,

2 Nephi 33:3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great aworth, and especially unto my people. For I bpray continually for them by day, and mine ceyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.

This was largely how I felt as a missionary, along with verse 12:

12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.

As far as favourite hymns go, I like the Battle Hymn of the Republic, Onward Christian Soldiers, and I've learned to really enjoy If You Could Hie to Kolob although as a child I always felt that during all of the, "there is no end to" verses, that the lyrics were incomplete because surely somewhere in there it must state that there is no end to this song.

@mirkwood I also love Alma 48:17, it was my first favourite scripture and will remain an inspiration to me my entire existence I suspect.

New taggies:

@Mike @Crypto @unixknight

Ever since I was a boy the hymn Master the Tempest is Raging has moved me. I take it quite personally. When I was a young missionary, unaware of a great many facts outside my circle, my missionary companion and I met a couple with two small children whom we taught about family home evening tradition. As we talked about how we like to incorporate music in our family home evening activities, the mother asked what kinds of music we liked to use. I told her that whatever music she liked would certainly be appropriate and so she sang this song. When she saw me begin to tear up she paused and smiled; and she told me that she had always loved the song, too. @LiterateParakeet @Rob Osborn @changed

Edited by Mike

9 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

"A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a boy." -- Boy Scout Manual

@Maureen, @Traveler, @zil

Hmm.  Would you prefer a quote, a scripture, or a hymn?  (Note that it won't be my "favorite" because that's an exclusive position and I can't imagine putting only one into said position while excluding all others, so it'll have to be "one of my favorites" - yes, I'm a dork.)

3 minutes ago, zil said:

Hmm.  Would you prefer a quote, a scripture, or a hymn?  (Note that it won't be my "favorite" because that's an exclusive position and I can't imagine putting only one into said position while excluding all others, so it'll have to be "one of my favorites" - yes, I'm a dork.)

Let's go with a quote--and the "one of" proviso has been approved by the Committee of One. 

7 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

Let's go with a quote--and the "one of" proviso has been approved by the Committee of One. 

Nope, couldn't manage just one.  Here's two... ;)

If every choice I make expresses a preference, if the world I build up is the world I really love and want, then with every choice I am judging myself, proclaiming all the day long to God, angels, and my fellowmen where my real values lie, where my treasure is, the things to which I give supreme importance. Hence, in this life every moment provides a perfect and foolproof test of your real character, making this life a time of testing and probation.
-- Hugh Nibley, Approaching Zion, Chapter 3: Zeal Without Knowledge

And below from "Reflections on a Consecrated Life" by Elder D. Todd Christofferson in October 2010 General Conference

Elder B. H. Roberts once expressed the process in these words: “The man who so walks in the light and wisdom and power of God, will at the last, by the very force of association, make the light and wisdom and power of God his own—weaving those bright rays into a chain divine, linking himself forever to God and God to him. This [is] the sum of Messiah’s mystic words, ‘Thou, Father, in me, and I in thee’—beyond this human greatness cannot achieve.”

Hmm, I'm going to tag @NeedleinA and mention that he's working way too hard and should come hang out with us while someone else does some work for a change! ;)

"When we have done our very best, we may still experience disappointments, but we will not be disappointed in ourselves." - Julie B. Beck

"Behold, the Lord esteemeth all flesh in one; he that is righteous is favored of God." - 1st sentence of 1 Nephi 17:35

@Armin@anatess2@chasingthewind