Politically astute thought of the day -- the alt-right is leftist

prisonchaplain

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Who says?

And who says only the alt-right persecute liberals?

Can you even define the alt-right?  Who are they?  Who is their leader?  What is their platform?  How do you join?

Jared Taylor defines the alternative right as a broad dissident movement that includes many different viewpoints on things like sexuality, economics, etc. "But they all agree on one thing, equality is a dangerous myth. The alt right is united in rejecting the current dogma that all races are equal. Races are different. ... and there's no reason to think nonwhites could maintain Western society."

44 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Hitler was baptized Roman Catholic.  In his adolescence he rebelled against the Catholic church and Christianity in general.  After becoming the German head of state, he declared unity with the Protestant church as he tried to unite all of them under one National Church.  These are his public statements.  He declared conflicting statements in private.  Which one is his true position is under debate.  But, in these types of discussions, his public statements that led to actions hold more weight.

How so? What he says in private ought his true feelings. Why would Hitler tell a group as large as the protestants that his goal is to subvert and destroy the church?

Edited by Snigmorder

7 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

Jared Taylor defines the alternative right as a broad dissident movement that includes many different viewpoints on things like sexuality, economics, etc. "But they all agree on one thing, equality is a dangerous myth. The alt right is united in rejecting the current dogma that all races are equal. Races are different. ... and there's no reason to think nonwhites could maintain Western society."

The beauty of the American experiment is that we were supposed to have representative government, the House of Reps were to completely be a select representation of their constituents viewpoints, culture, habits etc. so that one felt their "voice was heard" and therefore regardless of viewpoint, culture or background one had equality under the law.  It wasn't perfect and it had plenty of flaws, but it was and is the best system ever set up in the history of the world to maintain a relatively peaceful government and society. So when we define equal, what does it mean?  That each person is exactly alike another person-no woman are not the same as men as men are not the same as women they are different and different is good.

We aren't adrogoneous robots. And it's pretty self evident that relatively homogenous groups of people have many similarities within that group and have many physical differences outside that group.  Why is it that the best long distance runners in the world are generally Ethiopian or from that part of the world?  Is it because their physical genetic structure is better equipped for long distance running? Is it because their culture encourages it more than others? I don't know, I haven't done a study into it. 

All I know is that yes there are quite a bit of physical characteristically differences between the races. What people are really asking is do those differences extend to the brain? I don't even know how one could ever attempt to answer that question.  Any attempt to develop an "IQ" test is going to be flawed in its measurement, how does one define IQ, better at math, better at memorization, better at spatial recognition.  And quite frankly does IQ really even matter.  If I'm a really smart person but I can't be a good neighbor does IQ mean squat, no of course not. Even brain scans aren't going to tell much.

We do know that regardless of any physical differences all races are equal in the eyes of God-he looks at our countenance not on the outward appearance.

What we do know that the brain is an amazing piece of machinery that rewires itself given experience and inputs into the human body.  It's one reason why neurological addictions are horrible (stuff like crack, cocaine, etc.) as it is in a very real sense re-wiring the brain. The brain doesn't stay static and environment has a huge affect on how the brain grows, adapts, learns etc. And thus how one is raised and the environment they are raised in will have significant impact on how one thinks about the world and how one analyzes problems.

I do believe certain cultures can not maintain a Western society; not necessarily because of genetics but because of culture and environment.  It's why bringing "democracy" to the Middle East is a failed experiment-you have to change a whole tribal mentality for western society to even have a chance at working. 

If one wants to maintain a western society, one has to learn how to think like a western society-do that and I think there is a good chance at success, don't and it won't happen.

12 hours ago, Snigmorder said:

How so? What he says in private ought his true feelings. Why would Hitler tell a group as large as the protestants that his goal is to subvert and destroy the church?

He did tell the Protestants (and the Catholics for that matter) that he is going to eradicate them.  But this was AFTER his plans to unite them was thwarted.

The private accounts are not official statements and are, therefore, subject to hearsay, erroneous interpretations, etc. (this is a common thing including things like Joseph Smith's history... which, by the way, caused one of my dear friends to leave the church last month).  Historians have been debating Hitler's religion since WWII.

13 hours ago, Snigmorder said:

That's the most cloudy definition of a political group I have ever heard.

The term alt-Right is another one of those attempts by Marxists to collectively label swaths of people to make them homogenous and easy to categorize as either the victims or the oppressors.  And yes, die-hard conservatives - like Milo for example - are categorized by the Marxists as alt-right over vocal protests to the contrary.

Edited by anatess2