Odd

Suzie

Analog or digital clock?

My bedside alarm clock is digital.  Every time I set it, the power goes out within a week or two; and the clock spends the next couple of months flashing "12:00" until I get around to resetting it; at which time--you guessed it--the power goes out again.

2 minutes ago, Suzie said:

<_<

Ok, a critic.   So, two stories:

I was listening to the radio when the announcer was about to give the time and she stopped mid-sentence.  She informed the audience that when she looked up on this digital clock she saw a string of 1s  --  11:11:11.

A friend of mine said that he'd look at his watch and it would very commonly be at exactly the hour.  10:00, 11:00, 12:00 etc.

I tend to think that we unconsciously have a habit of looking at our watches at the same time everyday.

17 hours ago, Suzie said:

For years now, when I check my watch randomly it is 11:11. Every time. :wacko:

Anyone else experienced something similar?

I have been seeing 1111 and 11:11 and 111 for years... Typically it is in the form of 11:11. I'm not really a believer in the hocus pocus but part of me is intrigued by the ever so slight possibility it means something. That said, I got it tattooed on my inner arm this summer...1111...because I see it multiple times throughout the day everyday and not just on a clock face...

13 minutes ago, Bini said:

I have been seeing 1111 and 11:11 and 111 for years... Typically it is in the form of 11:11. I'm not really a believer in the hocus pocus but part of me is intrigued by the ever so slight possibility it means something. That said, I got it tattooed on my inner arm this summer...1111...because I see it multiple times throughout the day everyday and not just on a clock face...

I guess not, if you're seeing it multiple times throughout the day.  It only happens twice in any given day, so...  And that would mean you stay up pretty late nearly every day.

Where else do you see it?

2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I guess not, if you're seeing it multiple times throughout the day.  It only happens twice in any given day, so...  And that would mean you stay up pretty late nearly every day.

Where else do you see it?

Run times, I'll see it on packaging, all sorts of things. I'll hear it said on TV or radio.

3 hours ago, beefche said:

I thought this thread was about people who are odd. Since I posted, does this now make me part of the odd crowd? Or did I just even out the odd? 

Well let's see...a Mormon cow using the internet? Are you kidding me? Of course you are part of the odd crowd. ;)

On 8/16/2017 at 8:13 PM, Suzie said:

For years now, when I check my watch randomly it is 11:11. Every time. :wacko:

Anyone else experienced something similar?

I posted this very observation here about a year ago and got pooh-pooh'd by almost everyone*. Not that I mind - I'm quite used to being pooh-pooh'd. I only have to open my mouth to be pooh-pooh'd by someone or other. I'm a veritable pooh-pooh magnet. Well - one of these days I'm going to start pooh-pooh'ing back and then you'll all be sorry! Oh blimey yes! :P

* Well OK I'm exaggerating. I've been told that a billion times!

Edited by Jamie123