Additional Poll  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How did you join the church?

• Born and raised LDS
    • Convert
    • Spouse
    • Friend/Family/Neighbor
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you ever wish that you never had bad days?

3. 3. Do you ever feel that being LDS can be hard?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Only when I am having a bad day

23 hours ago, RooTheMormon said:

For anyone struggling in the  church:

You are questioning your faith/religion. Maybe you feel as though God doesnt love you, or its not for you, or that you arent worthy for the church. But none of the above is true.

With good days comes the bad ones, and without them we would never learn, never grow. Sometimes you feel the spirit so strong, and sometimes you question the church. Thats okay. It doesnt determine who you are as a person, other than that you have the capability to take a step back and reflect on life, and decide what you really believe in. It does not make you a sinner, and it does not mean you dont love Heavenly Father.

When you are feeling this way, pray for guidance, and Heavenly Father will give you the strenght and faith you need to pull through and come out stronger than ever. Because every prayer gives us a voost of faith, its like a spiritual recharge. If you are able to stay close to Heavenly Father, believe in yourself, and trust in God, you will make it through. The scripture for youth this year is, "If any you lack wisdom, let him ask of God. That giveth to all men liberally, and upraideth not, and it shall be given him. And let him ask in faith, bothing wavering, for he that waverith is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed." God has given us a place to ask. If you are stuck in the muck and confused, just ask Heavenly Father, and he will help you.

Dont forget that Heavenly Father loves you, and He is always there for you.

Well siad Roo. Thanks. Thiz was deleted, but at least ghis is here.

Im not doing this myself, because it will be depressing, but ill tag 

@DoctorLemon @Sunday21

Edited by TheCraCraMormon
Reason for edit: Bc im up to date on things.

How I joined the Church:  Converted.

Do you ever wish that you never had bad days.  No.  2 Nephi 2.  One can't appreciate the Good days if there weren't Bad days.

Do you ever feel that being LDS can be hard.  No.  It is what it is.  I just roll with it.

How I joined the Church: mother converted when I was 6.  I was raised and baptized LDS, but underwent a slow conversion process lasting from my mid teens until my mid-20s.

Do you wish you never had bad days?  Of course.

Do you feel being LDS is hard?  No.  I think it is actually easier to be LDS than other religions, due to the fact LDS doctrine is just, fair, merciful, purposeful, sensible, backed up by both strong evidence and miracles, is testified by the Holy Spirit, and is not closed to science/modernity.

Edited by DoctorLemon

Guest MormonGator

I converted in my mid thirties. I found the church, no missionaries knocked on my door. 

Oh yes. I wish every day was peachy keen jellybean but life isn't like that. The blunt truth is that often times we create our own happiness though. It took me years to understand this.  

Is being LDS hard? Yes, very. I'm hardly a perfect LDS but even being semi perfect is hard. 

I joined the church when I was 8 with my mom. My stepdad was an inactive member, so the missionaries would stop by from time to time and eventually we listened to them☺. While my testimony has grown by leaps and bounds over the years, I've known since we joined that this was Christ's church.

I think whether or not I wish there were no bad days depends heavily on whether I am currently experiencing one lol.

Sometimes it's hard to be a Mormon , especially when you feel you are trying to stand alone against the world. But then I remember what the Lord taught Elisha's servant and can almost see the chariots of fire around me.

As far as I can remember, I never look back with fondness at trials in my life. But I do appreciate the growth that trials have often given me, and I do look with satisfaction on having come some distance for the better from where I used to be. I think many opportunities for such growth require that sort of trial, so when it comes, I grit my teeth and try to bear it as best I can.

1. How did you join the church?

Basically born and raised.

2. Do you ever wish you never had bad days?

Sure.

3. Do you ever feel that being LDS can be hard?

I resigned as an LDS so I can't answer but being human is hard.