Fair Mormon: another source for answers to questions about lds faith

Sunday21

1 minute ago, zil said:

How about people of English descent who married people of German descent who took Scottish names to escape the rest of their family? 

How about a Korean with a German name who speaks Spanish with a French accent?

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

And that's where your views become extremist.  You believe that the government should be able to force everyone to be moral people at the point of the gun and moral people who don't want the government telling them to be moral people are in cahoots with the devil.

Negative, I don't like the government or state force. 

Libertarian support for abortion and liberals support for abortion are different. Neither of which I like, but the way they got to that position is different. 

13 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

Negative, I don't like the government or state force. 

Libertarian support for abortion and liberals support for abortion are different. Neither of which I like, but the way they got to that position is different. 

Ahh.. the Marxist method of collectivism.  It's not only the left that do this, folks!

8 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Collectivism.  You know, assigning your motives by your label.  You know, like this college professor saying Ben Carson is not black because he doesn't subscribe to the BLM method.  Same thing you're doing here.  Libertarian support for abortion versus Liberal support for abortion... gag.

By the way, Libertarians are natural liberals.  Therefore, being Libertarian doesn't make you right-wing.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

@zil, @MormonGator,

I just saw this other conversation going on here.  Apparently, people have mothers who wear army shoes.  And no one is happy about it.

Shut up. 

No you shut up

Jerkface.

No you are a jerk face 

You called me names.

No you called me names. 

Just now, Carborendum said:

@zil, @MormonGator,

I just saw this other conversation going on here.  Apparently, people have mothers who wear army shoes.  And no one is happy about it.

Army boots, @Carborendum, boots.  If you're gonna insult someone, do it right.  Meanwhile, I have no idea anymore what the rest of this thread is about, I just thought it would be fun to join in the self deprecation.

5 minutes ago, zil said:

Army boots, @Carborendum, boots.  If you're gonna insult someone, do it right.  Meanwhile, I have no idea anymore what the rest of this thread is about, I just thought it would be fun to join in the self deprecation.

5 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Jerkface.

No you are a jerk face 

I looked at army boots.  I don't think anyone wears those.  But I do believe army shoes are very fine sensible shoes -- which would seem like a compliment.  However, that is also the type of shoes witches wear in the movie "The Witches" with Angelica Houston (probably the B-moviest movie that came out in a mainstream film).

So, Army Shoes says that they're really witches.  HAH!!!

No, You're a witch.  No, I'm a witch.

Anyway.  I like Fairmormon.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Carborendum said:

I looked at army boots.  I don't think anyone wears those.  But I do believe army shoes are very fine sensible shoes -- which would seem like a compliment.  However, that is also the type of shoes witches wear in the movie "The Witches" with Angelica Houston (probably the B-moviest movie that came out in a mainstream film).

So, Army Shoes says that they're really witches.  HAH!!!

Ooookaaaaay.

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Grunt said:

I'm unsure what that means.

Actually most libertarians are natural conservatives. I obviously don't speak for all of them, but the majority that I know are actually personally conservative. 

Just now, MormonGator said:

Actually most libertarians are natural conservatives. I obviously don't speak for all of them, but the majority that I know are actually personally conservative. 

Same here.  I consider myself a libertarian or anarcho-cap.  I also consider my PERSONAL views in how I choose to live my life to be very conservative.

7 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Collectivism.  You know, assigning your motives by your label.  You know, like this college professor saying Ben Carson is not black because he doesn't subscribe to the BLM method.  Same thing you're doing here.  Libertarian support for abortion versus Liberal support for abortion... gag.

By the way, Libertarians are natural liberals.  Therefore, being Libertarian doesn't make you right-wing.

Call it what you want but it's simply the fact of the matter. 

Intersectional feminists demanding abortions because its sexist that men don't get pregnant  is not the same thing as a libertarian being morally opposed to banning something.

However, after it's all said and done, the fact will remain that abortion was wrong, and going along with it it was to go along with the those opposed to our God.

26 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I'm unsure what that means.

23 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Small l liberals.  Classic liberals.

Liberals are small government people.  Liberals liberated the US from the oppressive British government.  Liberals tried to secede from the Union in the Civil War.  The only reason Liberals (American version) veered from small government is because in their quest to reduce the power of State governments, they used the Federal government to do so, falling into the Democratic Party trap.  A lot of these liberals are now Libertarians.

Conservatives are pro-government - naturally contradictory to Libertarian philosophy.  In the US, that's State governments, not Feds, not globalist governments.  They want small Feds to retain more power to State govs but kept on voting conservatives into Federal office who are just as happy to be pro-Fed control more so than State control.  Plus, lots of conservatives are only fiscal conservatives, not social conservatives.  These conservatives become Libertarians.

Edited by anatess2

25 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

Call it what you want but it's simply the fact of the matter. 

Intersectional feminists demanding abortions because its sexist that men don't get pregnant  is not the same thing as a libertarian being morally opposed to banning something.

However, after it's all said and done, the fact will remain that abortion was wrong, and going along with it it was to go along with the those opposed to our God.

You do know that only 18% of American females identify as feminist, right?  RIGHT?

Abortion is wrong EXCEPT when it is inspired.  The POLITICS of abortion is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the MORALITY of abortion.  How do you legislate - Abortion is against the law except when approved by your bishop?

Edited by anatess2

10 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You do know that only 18% of American females identify as feminist, right?  RIGHT?

Abortion is wrong EXCEPT when it is inspired.  The POLITICS of abortion is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the MORALITY of abortion.  How do you legislate - Abortion is against the law except when approved by your bishop?

18% might only identify as feminist but their attitudes and values spill over into the wider population.

Politics and morality are not separate.

5 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

18% might only identify as feminist but their attitudes and values spill over into the wider population.

Politics and morality are not separate.

So... because 18% of women identify as feminists, the feminist movement is so successful that it resulted in all Liberals, or even a significant majority of them becoming misogynists that's why they support abortion.  And you don't think that's an extremist view.  Okay.

Politics and morality are separate.  If it was not, the Alcohol Prohibition would have remained in the Constitution.  And adultery would be punishable by law among other things.  Actually, there is such a state of politics and morality being inseparable... it's called Sharia.  I'm going to bet that you think Liberals are pro-Sharia...

Edited by anatess2