Mad at Modesty

GirlNextDoor

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

Apologies.  I guess I just get into a joking mood and don't know when to quit.  Sorry.

You didn't do anything wrong @Carborendum!!  Don't worry about it. :) I'm not upset at all, and know your comment was meant to be light-hearted and you did successfully make me laugh.  It was me who then went an changed the tone so dramatically.  I was just trying to show a different angle here, one that I think is important.

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I think the way I do is because of the fact I have been around so many women I know how you guys are. 

There you go again. 

You are saying you know more about women than actual women. That's very arrogant of you. And if I call someone arrogant, let's just say it's really bad. 

Next, women are individuals. You can't group them anymore than you can group Mormons, Asians, or metal fans. 

Guest Godless
29 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Well I assumed Muslim women were automatically excluded since they do not have a choice.   If they changed the dress code laws in those Muslim countries, those women would dress just like American women.

Having been to Muslim nations with fairly lax dress codes, I can say with absolute certainty that this is false. Women in those countries are very much like women here. The ones who want to show off show off, and the more religious ones stick to their more modest clothing. And there are plenty of women in both categories in those countries.

8 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Oh no, the reason I think the way I do is because of the fact I have been around so many women I know how you guys are. Not meaning that in a bad way. I know why women dress immodestly.

Here you go again... from "No women ever" to "Most women" to "American women who dress for attention" to "Women who dress immodestly".  You just can't get a thought straight in your head.  Work on it, brother.  Get a clear picture in your head of what exactly it is you are trying to say before you start typing.

Here.  I looked it up.

11 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Oh no, the reason I think the way I do is because of the fact I have been around so many women I know how you guys are. Not meaning that in a bad way. I know why women dress immodestly.

You must be one interesting fellow. 

Heh.  After 9/11, a mosque in Colorado Springs held an open house and I went.  I learned some things that day.  One of the presenters was a very self-assured, very loud black lady, who spoke to us in a full-body burqa.  She, in no uncertain terms, told us exactly why she chose to wear the burqa, and chewed us out up one side and down the other for even DARING to think that any man could force her into doing something she didn't want to do.  She was one of those people who have the ability to yell at people without talking down to them.  I was very impressed.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Heh.  After 9/11, a mosque in Colorado Springs held an open house and I went.  I learned some things that day.  One of the presenters was a very self-assured, very loud black lady, who spoke to us in a full-body burqa.  She, in no uncertain terms, told us exactly why she chose to wear the burqa, and chewed us out up one side and down the other for even DARING to think that any man could force her into doing something she didn't want to do.  She was one of those people who have the ability to yell at people without talking down to them.  I was very impressed.

I too have attended mosque services.  Every time I have been absolutely floored by the downright amazing women there.

Edited by Jane_Doe

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

I dont know what telepathy means.  We can argue it all day long, the facts stay the same.  MOST women, not every single one, but MOST, dress the best possible way to make themselves look more "appealing". 

Dillon, are you the same guy who made the post asking if your stash of "images of beautiful women" was inappropriate?

Guest MormonGator

We're not trying to pick on you @Dillon. Most of us are trying to legitimately help you and see if you can modify your thinking. Judging from your previous posts, your current way of thinking isn't helping you. 

Edited by MormonGator

23 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

@Dillon, did you read my story I just posted?  What are your thoughts on that?

No I am sorry I did not, I stopped at "I was repeatedly raped" I believe it said.  I cant read things like that,  especially about a woman that was assaulted. Having been close to someone who suffered a similar ordeal, I just cant handle reading or hearing things like that. Any man that would hurt a woman like that is pure scum.  But you have my upmost sympathy and I do hope that you have found a peace somehow.

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Dillon said:

No I am sorry I did not, I stopped at "I was repeatedly raped" I believe it said.  I cant read things like that,  especially about a woman that was assaulted. Having been close to someone who suffered a similar ordeal, I just cant handle reading or hearing things like that. Any man that would hurt a woman like that is pure scum.  But you have my upmost sympathy and I do hope that you have found a peace somehow.

You are a good guy @Dillon.  

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Of course.  I mean who would group you in with @mirkwood?  We all know you two are NOTHING alike.

That's true. I'm younger, thinner, have more hair, like better sports teams, have a better music taste....

Edited by MormonGator

2 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Oh yeah. Everything I just said about @mirkwood goes triple for this dude named @Carborendum

So many disadvantages being Asian.  I just have to play up the stereotypes to make up for it: Handsome.  Smart.  Makes lots of money.  Highly skilled in martial arts. It just never ends...

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

Yes, I did-- Christ's healing is amazing!!

The point of the story is that I have NEVER dressed to attract male attention.  Instead, I actively went way way out my way to avoid such attention because it was PTSD trigger.   And yet even covered chin-to-fingers-to-toes, I still received male attention, such as stares and advances.

Now, how do you think it makes me feel when you post things like:

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

Its always amusing to hear a woman cry foul about how its not her problem a man cant keep his eyes off of them or that she distracts them with her clothing, or lack there of. 

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

The point is a woman wants a man to look, its why she is dressed that way.  She wants the attention.

2 hours ago, Dillon said:

No woman, ever, has tried on clothes and said "does this outfit make me invisible, does it make me look plain so no one will notice me?"

No, what she says is "does this outfit make me look sexy, cute, skinnier, etc."

How do you think I feel when I read your words here?

4 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So many disadvantages being Asian.  I just have to play up the stereotypes to make up for it: Handsome.  Smart.  Makes lots of money.  Highly skilled in martial arts. It just never ends...

I'm a white American man of mostly English extraction, so I use those stereotypes to my advantage: Loud, obnoxious, obese, racist, insular, ignorant, hairy...

What country is South America in? Trick question! It's in Canadia, a state that borders on Kentucky.