Riddle Me This

clbent04

10 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

I will now put forth a riddle unto you: Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness.

Or, if you prefer it to rhyme: Out of the eater came something to eat. Out of the strong came something sweet.

How 'bout a little lion dipped in honey? Mmmm mmmm

10 hours ago, mordorbund said:

I will now put forth a riddle unto you: Out of the eater came forth meat, and out of the strong came forth sweetness.

Or, if you prefer it to rhyme: Out of the eater came something to eat. Out of the strong came something sweet.

Employee: Welcome to McDaniel's Den may I take your order

Customer: Yes, I'll take the 12-piece Lion McNuggets

Employee: Would you like any sauce with that?

Customer: Just a couple packets of honey please

On 9/2/2017 at 8:32 PM, clbent04 said:

Riddle me this. Who am I? 

Your sphere of influence, an extension of you, dead at night but in the sun it blooms

You do realize this forum is titled "introduce yourself", right?

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Vort said:

What's black and white and red all over?

A nun with a head wound.

Nuns really get the short end of the stick with this one.  They can also be falling down the stairs and in blenders.

If you say the joke out loud, "a newspaper" is a less-violent answer.  But nobody reads newspapers any more, so you'd might as well be making buggy whip jokes.

Humor can be challenging.

2 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Nuns really get the short end of the stick with this one.  They can also be falling down the stairs and in blenders.

If you say the joke out loud, "a newspaper" is a less-violent answer.  But nobody reads newspapers any more, so you'd might as well be making buggy whip jokes.

Humor can be challenging.

I grew up visiting my grandparents in the Tri-Cities, Washington. Their newspaper was the Tri-City Herald. It was black and white, of course, but also incorporated a second color of ink -- red -- to dress up the nameplate and provide occasional emphasis in ads and such. So I grew up not understanding the pun, thinking that the word really was the color "red".

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

For anyone who was a serious NBA fan during the Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant eras, I will be seriously impressed if you can answer this:

Joe Dumars is to Michael Jordan, as __________ (fill in blank) is to Kobe Bryant

Edited by clbent04

• 2 weeks later...