New Mormon Hub Site Design

person0

So, is the new site design part of an automatic update to the IPS software, or were certain elements selected on purpose?  I keep doing a double take every time I check the forum because I'm not yet adjusted to the changes in fonts, colors, etc.  I think I liked the previous design better, could just be I need to get used to the new one though.  Anyone else have thoughts on this, or even notice it?

I do really like how there are multiple 'reaction' options now, though!

Edited by person0

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Maureen said:

I created a thread asking about this change too because it's very similar to MDDB, but now that I've peeked I see that the "Like" choices are better.

M.

@person0 is a plagiarist!  Dude, do you work for the New Republic or something!? 

Guest MormonGator
Just now, person0 said:

I didn't mean to, I promise!

Too late pal. I already called your bishop. Bro, you are in so much trouble. @Carborendum has already wanted to beat you up, I held him back. Dude is insane with rage right now. @LiterateParakeet is so upset that she crying in the corner. Hope you are happy. Sick, sick, sick. 

Meanwhile, is anyone else having logout problems - it logs me out every other second, even though I've checked the box telling it to remember me.  And, for example, if I log in, load the "Unread content" page, then click the icon next to a thread to take me to the first unread post, it instead takes me to the first post in the thread and the page shows me not logged in.  Very annoying.  I already deleted all mormonhub.com and lds.net cookies. :(

@zil I have not experienced logout problems that extreme, but I have noticed that after stepping away from the site for several minutes/hour or so, I have to click on sign in to get it to log me back in, which I never had to do before. It's a minor nuisance in my case, but your experience would be very irritating.

11 minutes ago, MrShorty said:

@zil I have not experienced logout problems that extreme, but I have noticed that after stepping away from the site for several minutes/hour or so, I have to click on sign in to get it to log me back in, which I never had to do before. It's a minor nuisance in my case, but your experience would be very irritating.

Mine is similar to that - in that all I have to do is click on sign in and it automatically signs me in without having to re-enter my credentials, but it's not necessarily that simple - I open things in new tabs almost exclusively, and it's as if the new site can't recognize that I'm logged in when I open a link in a new tab.

Just now, zil said:

Mine is similar to that - in that all I have to do is click on sign in and it automatically signs me in without having to re-enter my credentials, but it's not necessarily that simple - I open things in new tabs almost exclusively, and it's as if the new site can't recognize that I'm logged in when I open a link in a new tab.

And apparently, even that's not needed.  Immediately after posting the above, I clicked the "Unread Content" link, in the same tab, and it told me I have to log in to see it. <sigh>

Same login issues for me too, except I blame Ivanka.  

And if we get some say, I vote: Have a like that means like, a love that means love, a sad that looks sad, keep the confused and haha one, add a frustrated/angry one.  Stop with the heart=like, trophy=thanks, like+thanks redundancy, and sheltering grown adults from negative emotions.

Most best:

Image may contain: 1 person, closeup

Edited by NeuroTypical

12 hours ago, MrShorty said:

This is my experience too.

M.

37 minutes ago, zil said:

Great!  Now, can you find the appropriate emoticon for my reaction?  I'm not sure what my reaction is, but I'm sure if the right emoticon were in the pop-out, I would recognize it...

You mean the emoticon for betrayal? We already know of your connection to Russia. I might not be able to connect the dots, but there's definitely a story there.

Edited by mordorbund

Every single time I come here after the update, it tells me to log in.  Sometimes when I click "login", it just remembers who I am and takes me to the forum homepage.  Other times, it makes me log in fully.  

Once logged in, I can move around and stay logged in.  But as soon as I close the browser and then come back later, there are zero times it actually remembers I'm logged in.

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Every single time I come here after the update, it tells me to log in.  Sometimes when I click "login", it just remembers who I am and takes me to the forum homepage.  Other times, it makes me log in fully.  

Once logged in, I can move around and stay logged in.  But as soon as I close the browser and then come back later, there are zero times it actually remembers I'm logged in.

Same here.  

I had log in issues before I selected the "remember me" option. That seemed to solve them until I went to edit a post right after I made it. I got a message saying too much time had passed, but really it had logged me out. Once I logged back in, I was able to add the tidbit I had forgotten.

Also, I was getting excessive "new posts in this thread" notifications at the bottom of the screen. Probably related to cookies.

Edited by seashmore