Strengthening Faith in new ways

BradenKing

Tune in for the latest and greatest.  IM WANTING SOME ADVICE.  I find myself everyday wanting to rely more on Jesus Christ in all my doings.  I really want to take my testimony of Him to the next "LEVEL" so to speak... yet wondering if I could find more ideas.  Or maybe I'm looking beyond the mark? I feel like I have the basis of a strong testimony of Him and I ask you all, "HOW DO YOU strengthen your testimony of Him?  What do you do that takes your relationship with him and deepens it?" Please share your feelings. 

Edited by BradenKing
Not Facebook anymore

I strengthen my testimony by first acknowledging where it/I am weak, and then by letting Him strengthen it.  

For example, I can be weak in having gratitude.  When I realize this is happening, I then try to go out of my to acknowledge and thank God for what He has done.  Through this my testimony of Him is strengthened.  

2 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

I strengthen my testimony by first acknowledging where it/I am weak, and then by letting Him strengthen it.  

For example, I can be weak in having gratitude.  When I realize this is happening, I then try to go out of my to acknowledge and thank God for what He has done.  Through this my testimony of Him is strengthened.  

This is exactly what I'm doing right now. I have found that I need to become much more conscientious in everything I do in terms of how blessed I truly am. It's too easy to just got about our day doing whatever and totally miss the divine influences that surround us at all times.

4 hours ago, BradenKing said:

Tune in for the latest and greatest.  IM WANTING SOME ADVICE.  I find myself everyday wanting to rely more on Jesus Christ in all my doings.  I really want to take my testimony of Him to the next "LEVEL" so to speak... yet wondering if I could find more ideas.  Or maybe I'm looking beyond the mark? I feel like I have the basis of a strong testimony of Him and I ask you all, "HOW DO YOU strengthen your testimony of Him?  What do you do that takes your relationship with him and deepens it?" Please share your feelings. 

You are not missing the mark in your desire to improve :) but maybe in your thought process.

You said "I find myself everyday wanting to rely more on Jesus Christ in all my doings."

D+C 58:26-29 says

"26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.

29 But he that doeth not anything until he is commanded, and receiveth a commandment with doubtful heart, and keepeth it with slothfulness, the same is damned."

so be careful that you don't force direction from Christ, cause more often than not (depending on the scenario of course) you won't receive direction, but rather God wants you to act according to what you have already been taught.

so what to do? Read scriptures every day, prayer regularly, magnify your callings (particularly home teaching!!!)... but really... go look at the covenants you have made in baptism and/or the temple and make sure you KNOW THEM and are living them to the fullest.

Hello BradenKing,

Here is a scripture I have grown to love when I asked a similar question to my mission president: Moses 6:60, "For by the water ye keep the commandment; by the Spirit ye are justified, and by the blood ye are sanctified;"

President Eyring in his book "To Draw Closer to God" emphasized this point, "Ask Heavenly Father what you can do to improve, and then humbly listen for the answer." Once you have listened, and acted (repented), then move forward with faith to ask, seek, and knock. This requires humility, and a true desire to forsake the world -- the great and spacious building.

Elder Bednar has said something to this nature (he has three great books I would encourage you to read: Increase in Learning, Act in Doctrine, and The Power to Become), "If you want to change then ask God to see you for who you really are. The Spirit show things as they really are, not the way we want to see ourselves." He noted a caution, "Don't ask this unless you are truly willing to see "who you really are." We as humans, the natural man, likes to protect our ego. This question humbles the ego.