Dogs in Restaurants

Lindy

32 minutes ago, zil said:

But the question is, are your favorite college sports teams the Syracuse Orangemen?

26 minutes ago, pam said:

Who?

1 minute ago, pam said:

Oh a college team.  I don't follow college at all.  Don't care for college ball.

a) Er, yes, college.... ;)

b) But, but, they're orange! :P

33 minutes ago, Vort said:

What would you get if you wanted to go big?

28 minutes ago, zil said:

A Great Dane. :)

Well, if we're gonna go with almost a horse dogs, there's only one guy that is almost as big (and not just tall).  It can go over 200 lbs!  I've always wanted an English Mastiff.  But, for practicality, I'll probably go with a doberman.  They're actually not big - they're medium sized but some breeders have larger dobies (does not meet AKC standards)... I'd like one.

largest-dogs-mastiff-puny.jpg.838x0_q80.

Edited by anatess2

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Well, if we're gonna go with almost a horse dogs, there's only one guy that is almost as big (and not just tall).  It can go over 200 lbs!  I've always wanted an English Mastiff.  But, for practicality, I'll probably go with a doberman.  They're actually not big - they're medium sized but some breeders have larger dobies (does not meet AKC standards)... I'd like one.

There are bigger than Great Dane, even taller, but I think most of them look too stocky - the Great Dane (and some others) are also handsome instead of just bulky. :)   Dobermans are also good looking - I prefer them without their ears and tails docked.

Who could resist one of these:

24F8AC6D00000578-2923292-image-a-8_14220

(This is why I avoid all places where one can walk away with a puppy or kitten - far, far too dangerous.)

21 minutes ago, zil said:

There are bigger than Great Dane, even taller, but I think most of them look too stocky - the Great Dane (and some others) are also handsome instead of just bulky. :)   Dobermans are also good looking - I prefer them without their ears and tails docked.

Who could resist one of these:

24F8AC6D00000578-2923292-image-a-8_14220

(This is why I avoid all places where one can walk away with a puppy or kitten - far, far too dangerous.)

ZOOWEEMAMA!!!!  Gimme gimme gimme...

Ugh.  I can't have another dog!  I have 3 already!  Mr. Anatess' patience is stretched to the max with our mini-zoo...

I had 2 dobies - ears and tails trimmed.  My friend gave me an earful about it.  I like the trimmed ears and tail.  It makes them look more sleek and agile.  Interestingly, Mr. Anatess was just fine with the trimming, whereas, he refused to get them neutered.  He thinks it is not good kto take a dog's manhood... but not its ears and tail.  The same friend gave me an earful about not getting the dobie neutered. 

And here's a funny - I currently have 2 english bulldogs - one male one female.  The male is intact, the female is spayed.  The female mounts the male and does the thing...  talk about gender fluid.  LOL!

7 hours ago, mrmarklin said:

Don't move to Germany. Very common here. 

(I'm currently traveling in Germany.)

Mrmarkin- Hopefully by the time I can afford to go back to Germany- I will have this horrible allergy under control. German Shepherds are one of my favorite dogs.  If you are still traveling in Germany, make sure you have a chance to have spaghettieis - my family and I loved it, and you never can find it here in the states.

Edited by Lindy
I goofed up with placement of text.

1 hour ago, zil said:

As long as we're admiring large dogs, here's old man Chomp not that long before he went straight to heaven.  Isn't he adorable?

Zil- I'm sorry for your loss, there is something special about old dogs. They are adorable.

Edited by Lindy
Need to add text

Guest MormonGator
8 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Zil- I'm sorry for your loss, there is something special about old dogs. They are adorable.

The heartbreaking thing about dogs is their short lifespan. I still mourn over several dogs I've had. One of my tattoos is dedicated to a pug I had. 

7 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The heartbreaking thing about dogs is their short lifespan. I still mourn over several dogs I've had. One of my tattoos is dedicated to a pug I had. 

I almost had to take that "like" back.  Pug?  I refer you here:

Let me know if you need me to send you a measuring tape! :rolleyes:

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, zil said:

I almost had to take that "like" back.  Pug?  I refer you here:

Let me know if you need me to send you a measuring tape! :rolleyes:

lol. I  prefer big dogs as well-I have a bull terrier and a boxer. The boxer (Othello) is 11 years old and tragically, I can see the writing on the wall. When he passes we're going to get a another big dog of course. 

We adopted my Pug (Atari was her name) as a rescue. I couldn't resist her charm when I saw her at Petco. 

Edited by MormonGator

Sorry for your lost critters, @MormonGator, and aging Othello - it's hard watching them get old and struggle. :(

25 minutes ago, Lindy said:

Oh I can resist believe me. Those cute little things grow up :-) 

...into handsome creatures.  And if you're lucky, they only grow up on the outside.  Chomp was a puppy to the day he died.  Here's his puppy self (on the rocker, with the little (but older) dog, Koshka (Russian for cat1: lab, border collie, something mix), and the cat (Maxine, aka Max)):

chomp.jpg.a4967ecab2107c31711b4111bf478c3a.jpg

1 My husband really wanted a dog.  I wanted no more creatures to take care of (Max was the last of my own creatures, brought back from Russia).  As part of his cajoling, he suggested we call the dog a cat (I prefer cats in some ways).  Eventually, I caved, and we named the dog Koshka.  Later, it looked like instead of working from home, my husband would be working away from home, and since dogs are pack animals, it seemed wrong to leave her alone, so we went looking for another dog.  But I wanted something really big (go big or go home!).  We found a lab-Great Dane mix litter at the ASPCA (or whatever).  I picked him out, petted him for a while, decided I liked him, and handed him to my husband.  He promptly bit my husband's finger (not hard enough to break the skin), so I said, "We're keeping him, and we're calling him Chomp." :lol:  Truly, the best dog ever.

On 9/22/2017 at 6:29 PM, Lindy said:

Mrmarkin- Hopefully by the time I can afford to go back to Germany- I will have this horrible allergy under control. German Shepherds are one of my favorite dogs.  If you are still traveling in Germany, make sure you have a chance to have spaghettieis - my family and I loved it, and you never can find it here in the states.

Don't worry, I know all about Spaghetti Eis.☝️

On 9/22/2017 at 11:11 AM, zil said:

(I prefer cats in some ways)........... We found a lab-Great Dane mix litter at the ASPCA

I actually love cats myself...... except their stinky farts.  I love large dogs....... I just really don't care for Doberman's.