Hell has frozen over

pam

wow... this is really a topic ? who cares about self improvement or the genuine service for the Lord or being your brothers keepers that would exceed the usual lip service ?

So what, there is more beverages now. you might want to summon the word agency from the deepest recesses of your memories. being served does not mean you are obligated to drink it. its still kind of a choice, like decency and charity. you can do it but don´t have to. 

you know... that is what makes utah and saltlake so disfavorable. all those meaningless and insignificant topics that consume so much passion and time instead of the things that really matter. 

I bet when you think about the word of wisdom you probably forget that you are not supposed to partake of meat outside winter... how convenient to cherry pick... 

On 23/09/2017 at 11:37 AM, MormonGator said:

Hell will freeze over when @askandanswer says something interesting. 

(playing!) 

Looks like a new weather forecast has been issued

Orlando, FL

Freezing conditions

Sunday

Risk of a snowstorm, heavy frosts

- 23 C

12 hours ago, Hemisphere said:

I bet when you think about the word of wisdom you probably forget that you are not supposed to partake of meat outside winter... how convenient to cherry pick... 

But then again, the Word of Wisdom doesn't say we can't eat meat during any season other than winter.  But that is another subject not for this thread.

On 9/22/2017 at 10:43 AM, zil said:

:eek: Shame on you! :lol:  I suspect half the people at work think I drink coffee because I frequently make myself a mug of Postum.  I'm thinking about buying a Postum mug to see if that clears things up:

300_mug.jpg

...or maybe the thermos:

300_thermos.jpg

@Grunt, you could always try coffee-flavored Postum:

300_coffee.jpg

https://postum.com/product/postum-coffee-flavor/

:yuck: (never tried it, that's a predictive emoticon)

I went to go order a jar.  It costs more to ship it than the jar costs.

23 hours ago, Hemisphere said:

Picking, and consuming, cherries, is entirely consistent with the word of wisdom :)

1 hour ago, Grunt said:

I went to go order a jar.  It costs more to ship it than the jar costs.

Interesting.  It's expensive stuff anyway - the original maker cancelled the product without warning, which caused an uproar from all 12 fans.  This company was formed after a few years (maybe several, not sure), and since it's a tiny company, their stuff is expensive.  Anywho, it is sold in some stores - though apparently you live in Timbuktu, where there are no stores. :P  If you really want some, and my store sells it (it sells the non-coffee flavor), and you're willing to disclose your Timbuktu address, PM me and I'll ship it.

On 9/22/2017 at 8:47 AM, anatess2 said:

Grunt, try rice "coffee"!

Then add some caffeine tablets to the mix.

Then try extracting nicotine from milkweed, infusing the rice with it and rolling the grains out into flat strips that will be easier to smoke.

I mean, really, as much effort as people have put into finding loopholes, I'm surprised there's not caffeinated Postum and a few tobacco-free (but nicotine laden) smoking/vaping alternatives.  (Actually, it probably would be much easier to use the milkweed-derived nicotine in nicotine-free vape juice than to try to get the concentration right in a smoking blend and get it to burn right.  Neither is really recommended unless you have some training in handling extracted nicotine, though.)

9 hours ago, zil said:

Interesting.  It's expensive stuff anyway - the original maker cancelled the product without warning, which caused an uproar from all 12 fans.  This company was formed after a few years (maybe several, not sure), and since it's a tiny company, their stuff is expensive.  Anywho, it is sold in some stores - though apparently you live in Timbuktu, where there are no stores. :P  If you really want some, and my store sells it (it sells the non-coffee flavor), and you're willing to disclose your Timbuktu address, PM me and I'll ship it.

I appreciate the offer but it’s not a ton of money. It was just the principle.  $10.50 to buy a jar and $14.00 to shop two jars.  

Amazon carries it, too.  

12 hours ago, askandanswer said:

Picking, and consuming, cherries, is entirely consistent with the word of wisdom :)

23 hours ago, pam said:

But then again, the Word of Wisdom doesn't say we can't eat meat during any season other than winter.  But that is another subject not for this thread.

Make fun all you want. Nobody forces you to drink that garbage anyway.what surprises me that you make big wave about something that doesn´t hold any significance as there would be more worthwhile topics. What this is, is pure complacency. Not that I would prefer to be mean, but I would reckon that some brothers and sister outside the US living in poorer parts of the world, couldn´t give a rats'*** about assortment of drinks they are not gonna have inside a temple of pretense and conceit in Salt Lake while they have to labor for the necessities you take for granted. Instead of peeing yourself in your pants over this, I find myself hard pressed to find the same intensity and energy put forth into something worth while. how about it ? how does this compare to something that would include actual charity outside your comfort zone ?

8 hours ago, NightSG said:

Then add some caffeine tablets to the mix.

Then try extracting nicotine from milkweed, infusing the rice with it and rolling the grains out into flat strips that will be easier to smoke.

I mean, really, as much effort as people have put into finding loopholes, I'm surprised there's not caffeinated Postum and a few tobacco-free (but nicotine laden) smoking/vaping alternatives.  (Actually, it probably would be much easier to use the milkweed-derived nicotine in nicotine-free vape juice than to try to get the concentration right in a smoking blend and get it to burn right.  Neither is really recommended unless you have some training in handling extracted nicotine, though.)

You alright dude?  Rice coffee is not a substitute for coffee-bean coffee  in the same manner that hot chocolate is not a substitute for coffee-bean coffee.   Rice coffee is just another breakfast thing that is common in Filipino households.  Filipinos call it coffee because when the Spaniards came to the islands and tasted the drink, they found it just as bitter as coffee so they gave it its name.  Before that, it was just called "Mapait" - bitter drink.

Edited by anatess2

15 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

Make fun all you want. Nobody forces you to drink that garbage anyway.what surprises me that you make big wave about something that doesn´t hold any significance as there would be more worthwhile topics. What this is, is pure complacency. Not that I would prefer to be mean, but I would reckon that some brothers and sister outside the US living in poorer parts of the world, couldn´t give a rats'*** about assortment of drinks they are not gonna have inside a temple of pretense and conceit in Salt Lake while they have to labor for the necessities you take for granted. Instead of peeing yourself in your pants over this, I find myself hard pressed to find the same intensity and energy put forth into something worth while. how about it ? how does this compare to something that would include actual charity outside your comfort zone ?

Chill out, dude!  People can talk about soda and @Jane_Doe's daughter's anus without having to worry about the poor starving Filipinos.  It doesn't mean they don't care about starving Filipinos.  It simply means they have opinions on everything and they have no problem expressing it. 

And no, there's nothing in the WOW that tells you you can't eat meat outside of winter.  Especially since in Florida, there's only hurricane season and summer.

Edited by anatess2

17 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Chill out, dude!  People can talk about soda and @Jane_Doe's daughter's anus without having to worry about the poor starving Filipinos.  It doesn't mean they don't care about starving Filipinos.  It simply means they have opinions on everything and they have no problem expressing it. 

And no, there's nothing in the WOW that tells you you can't eat meat outside of winter.  Especially since in Florida, there's only hurricane season and summer.

What makes you think I was referring to Filipinos ? I hope you aren´t hogging the victim award because there is more poor people outside in the world and your collection of islands. And why should I chill ? Everyone wants to make people believe that the "cultural" center of faith revolves around Utah, were trivial things high jack the significant matters. Just to make this clear, I happen to share faith, but I do not partake in collective sheeping around and I certainly don´t think that everyone is my brother or sister in faith. Some I actually deem distant relatives, that you have to see every five year on some reunion

Edited by Hemisphere

16 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

What makes you think I was referring to Filipinos ? I hope you aren´t hogging the victim award because there is more poor people outside in the world and your collection of islands. And why should I chill ? Everyone wants to make people believe that the "cultural" center of faith revolves around Utah, were trivial things high jack the significant matters. Just to make this clear, I happen to share faith, but I do not partake in collective sheeping around and I certainly don´t think that everyone is my brother or sister in faith. Some I actually deem distant relatives, that you have to see every five year on some reunion

Sigh.

You must really be fun to hang out with.

19 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

Everyone wants to make people believe that the "cultural" center of faith revolves around Utah, were trivial things high jack the significant matters.

Everyone excludes no one.  Therefore, you are a part of the set referred to as "everyone".  Further, the people are also part of the set known as "everyone" (they might be the entire set, hard to say since your use is ambiguous).  Therefore, you and people and the remainder of everyone want to make people, believe something which your assertion implies everyone (including people) already believes.

Your assertion seems to have a logic flaw.

As a side note, I have yet to observe this tendency you ascribe to everyone in anyone.  I can therefore only assume that you have encountered someone and are ascribing their desires to everyone, by which you actually mean an undefined subset of everyone.

PS: @anatess2 is right, I haven't had this much fun since the "nothing cannot exist" discussion began.  (If you like, I can repeat its better points - it's sort of the inverse of everyone.)

3 minutes ago, zil said:

Everyone excludes no one.  Therefore, you are a part of the set referred to as "everyone".  Further, the people are also part of the set known as "everyone" (they might be the entire set, hard to say since your use is ambiguous).  Therefore, you and people and the remainder of everyone want to make people, believe something which your assertion implies everyone (including people) already believes.

As a side note, I have yet to observe this tendency you ascribe to everyone in anyone.  I can therefore only assume that you have encountered someone and are ascribing their desires to everyone, by which you actually mean an undefined subset of everyone.

PS: @anatess2 is right, I haven't had this much fun since the "nothing cannot exist" discussion began.  (If you like, I can repeat its better points - it's sort of the inverse of everyone.)

This post would be much better if you illustrated it with one of your fountain pens.

29 minutes ago, zil said:

Well then, let me be more precise for the sake of your desire. Everyone in the church that shares faith has a specific idea how things are supposed to be. However, the beauty of agency also means that people, individuals, groups can diverge, which is just wonderful. In terms and faith and opinions it is even helpful to make it work in order to outline differences. And as far as the context of my comment is concerned by everyone I mean  in particular "Utahrds" and people zealously promoting a "mormon" culture and lifestyle. 

There is a distinct difference in cultural lds and the faithful lds. My personal belief, is that these two exclude each other mutually and I like to think I belong to the latter. 

As far as your nice quip and ex-curse in wise ***ery. You know nothing about me, neither do I know anything about you. But I can tell you that my life has been filled with a sufficient amount of encounters where I know that selling beverages not included in your palate are insignificant, compared to what goes on outside your little bubble in Utah you live in. 

Utah is not the Mekkah of the Mormon believe. Neither is the lifestyle being promoted there essential to exercising faith and charity. Quite the contrary, it is my personal opinion that is quite detracting. So while you have yourself cheered for that quip, I will attempt to appreciate your quip, I most assuredly will find something worthwhile to do.

Edited by Hemisphere
typos

Guest LiterateParakeet
2 minutes ago, zil said:

Hmm...  OK:

everyone.thumb.jpg.fa86aa31059e9cf024c0c2b79bc60e74.jpg

PS: The paper is a WalMart Norcom notebook made in Columbia - not hideous, but not great either.

I recognize the TWSBI, but what are the other two pens? 

Just now, LiterateParakeet said:

I recognize the TWSBI, but what are the other two pens? 

The farthest left is the Waterman Laureat - bought in 1993ish.  There are some to be had on eBay occasionally.  The middle pen is the Pilot Penmanship.  It only comes in EF.  You can also get it in black with little red "ears" on the cap.  It looks more like a space ship than a pen, but I really like it. :)

8 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

Well then, let me be more precise for the sake of your desire. Everyone in the church that shares faith has a specific idea how things are supposed to be. However, the beauty of agency also means that people, individuals, groups can diverge, which is just wonderful. In terms and faith and opinions it is even helpful to make it work in order to outline differences. And as far as the context of my comment is concerned by everyone I mean  in particular "Utahrds" and people zealously promoting a "mormon" culture and lifestyle. 

There is a distinct difference in cultural lds and the faithful lds. My personal belief, is that these two exclude each other mutually and I like to think I belong to the latter. 

As far as your nice quip and ex-curse in wise ***ery. You know nothing about me, neither do I know anything about you. But I can tell you that my life has been filled with a sufficient amount of encounters where I know that selling beverages not included in your palate are insignificant, compared to your little bubble in Utah you live in. 

Utah is not the Mekkah of the Mormon believe. Neither is the lifestyle being promoted there essential to exercising faith and charity. Quite the contrary, it is my personal opinion that is quite detracting. So while you have yourself cheered for that quip, I will attempt to appreciate your quip, I most assuredly will find something worthwhile to do.

You clearly have no clue about the lifestyle being promoted by us Utahrds, and prove by your bitter cynicism, cruelty towards us, and disrespect, that you hold nothing on us. Holier-than-thou much?

• pam locked this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic