Hell has frozen over

pam

1 minute ago, The Folk Prophet said:

You clearly have no clue about the lifestyle being promoted by us Utahrds, and prove by your bitter cynicism, cruelty towards us, and disrespect, that you hold nothing on us. Holier-than-thou much?

I know enough, to have received the Utah holier than thou. The altercations couldn´t have been farther removed from charity and brotherhood. 

On 9/23/2017 at 6:01 PM, Hemisphere said:

wow... this is really a topic ? who cares about self improvement or the genuine service for the Lord or being your brothers keepers that would exceed the usual lip service ?

So what, there is more beverages now. you might want to summon the word agency from the deepest recesses of your memories. being served does not mean you are obligated to drink it. its still kind of a choice, like decency and charity. you can do it but don´t have to. 

you know... that is what makes utah and saltlake so disfavorable. all those meaningless and insignificant topics that consume so much passion and time instead of the things that really matter. 

I bet when you think about the word of wisdom you probably forget that you are not supposed to partake of meat outside winter... how convenient to cherry pick... 

Well. I guess now we know. Good thing Hemisphere was here to tell us how stupid our conversation is.

14 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

Well then, let me be more precise for the sake of your desire. Everyone in the church that shares faith has a specific idea how things are supposed to be. However, the beauty of agency also means that people, individuals, groups can diverge, which is just wonderful. In terms and faith and opinions it is even helpful to make it work in order to outline differences. And as far as the context of my comment is concerned by everyone I mean  in particular "Utahrds" and people zealously promoting a "mormon" culture and lifestyle. 

There is a distinct difference in cultural lds and the faithful lds. My personal belief, is that these two exclude each other mutually and I like to think I belong to the latter. 

As far as your nice quip and ex-curse in wise ***ery. You know nothing about me, neither do I know anything about you. But I can tell you that my life has been filled with a sufficient amount of encounters where I know that selling beverages not included in your palate are insignificant, compared to your little bubble in Utah you live in. 

Utah is not the Mekkah of the Mormon believe. Neither is the lifestyle being promoted there essential to exercising faith and charity. Quite the contrary, it is my personal opinion that is quite detracting. So while you have yourself cheered for that quip, I will attempt to appreciate your quip, I most assuredly will find something worthwhile to do.

I respect your right to assume, presume, project, and use hyperbole in whatever extremes you wish.

I respect my right to find irony in your comments about agency, individuals, divergence, and various virtues.

If you wish for serious discussion, stop projecting the ills of a small subset of people onto the entirety of a larger subset.  You clearly have not had enough exposure to a wide enough variety of "Utah Mormons" to be able to speak about them with any degree of accuracy.  (PS: I'm not a "Utah Mormon", I'm a low-density Zion transplant who moved to a place with no fleas, almost no humidity, mountains, and likeable gun laws.)

19 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

There is a distinct difference in cultural lds and the faithful lds. My personal belief, is that these two exclude each other mutually and I like to think I belong to the latter.

Tell us more about those horrible, judgmental Utahrd cultural LDS.

6 minutes ago, Vort said:

Tell us more about those horrible, judgmental Utahrd cultural LDS.

I don´t need to, find a mirror, go outside the door and see with eyes unclouded by conceit. Better yet, leave Utah and look around and then go to another country and see how they lord it over. 

And yes, I have little sympathy displayed and I make no secret out of it, especially concerning the ill one can experience, with some pleasant exception I can attest to a negative perception based on experiences.  

8 minutes ago, zil said:

I respect your right to assume, presume, project, and use hyperbole in whatever extremes you wish.

I respect my right to find irony in your comments about agency, individuals, divergence, and various virtues.

If you wish for serious discussion, stop projecting the ills of a small subset of people onto the entirety of a larger subset.  You clearly have not had enough exposure to a wide enough variety of "Utah Mormons" to be able to speak about them with any degree of accuracy.  (PS: I'm not a "Utah Mormon", I'm a low-density Zion transplant who moved to a place with no fleas, almost no humidity, mountains, and likeable gun laws.)

I have had all the exposure I could stomach along with some other people. PS: I am the convert weed that some inborn holier than thou art members tried remove from the garden, that still thrives through adversity 

Edited by Hemisphere
typo

1 minute ago, Hemisphere said:

well, thank you kindly for feeling victimized. would you like some cotton candy because I don´t pretend that things are well all the time ?

I'm pretty sure a victim isn't defined as someone who stands up against cruelty. The plain fact is that you are being exceedingly unkind to Utahns.

There's a decided difference between being aware that people, in and out of Utah, are less than perfect, and the casting of caustic cruelty towards an entire community of people who, despite their imperfections, are, just as those in Europe, doing their best. You want to throw insults at us, go ahead. I don't deny you the right to be mean-spirited. But don't expect us not to call you on your hypocrisy as you castigate other Latter-day-Saints for being un-charitable as you fail miserably to offer them any sort of charity.

7 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

well, thank you kindly for feeling victimized. would you like some cotton candy because I don´t pretend that things are well all the time ?

Don't give that cotton candy away.  You're gonna need it when you find out the meaning of prejudice.

1 minute ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I'm pretty sure a victim isn't defined as someone who stands up against cruelty. The plain fact is that you are being exceedingly unkind to Utahns.

There's a decided difference between being aware that people, in and out of Utah, are less than perfect, and the casting of caustic cruelty towards an entire community of people who, despite their imperfections, are, just as those in Europe, doing their best. You want to throw insults at us, go ahead. I don't deny you the right to be mean-spirited. But don't expect us not to call you on your hypocrisy as you castigate other Latter-day-Saints for being un-charitable as you fail miserably to offer them any sort of charity.

Oh you want charity ? I can offer enough towards those who actually need it. Again, let me offer you some cotton candy. If you like I can extend that unkind attitude to idaho lds as well. I have seen what a conceited group of people can do and I don´t need to insult you, unless you feel so slighted that it hurt you so much, let me know and I will apologize and hear you out. but so far you take only ire that I express a massive dislike about notions that not every lds person has to appreciate. 

6 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

So what are you particularly standing up against ? My dislike or that I dispense with kindness?

just look at you, three and a half people ganging up on me, because I have very different opinion and attitude about things and people. why don´t you bring some more, to draft an army of self righteous people to act against a disagreeing deviant ?

The best part about this is, that people find themselves immediately unnerved when you say something that isn´t laden with quotes from the quorum of the twelve or the scripture or the liahona and certainly has nothing nice about it. 

well go ahead and shower the deviants with more disfavor and ridicule, it certainly "helps" to get them to see your point of view. 

why don´t you immediately petition for my excommunication ? wouldn´t that alleviate the mood ? 

good day and good way, ladies and gentlemen 

Edited by Hemisphere
typo

5 minutes ago, Vort said:

You poor thing. Those meanies should just stop.

I know, right ? wouldn´t that be something ? luckily, it is a forum  of exchanged ideas and opinion. but then again, one might say : It might take a while. someone is wrong on the internet. nothing to take too serious

good day and good way

Edited by Hemisphere
addendum

Guest LiterateParakeet
38 minutes ago, zil said:

The farthest left is the Waterman Laureat - bought in 1993ish.  There are some to be had on eBay occasionally.  The middle pen is the Pilot Penmanship.  It only comes in EF.  You can also get it in black with little red "ears" on the cap.  It looks more like a space ship than a pen, but I really like it. :)

Cool, thanks!  I have a friend that has a really nice Waterman. It writes like a dream. 

Guest LiterateParakeet
4 minutes ago, Hemisphere said:

if you are a writing tool enthusiast. I can recommend you to check this out https://www.lamy.com/content/products/index_eng.html

it is formidable ware for a decent price

I totally agree!  I adore LAMY. I have the Safari and the Al star. Great pens! 

So you love pens too? What's your favorite LAMY?  

Guest MormonGator
Just now, LiterateParakeet said:

I totally agree!  I adore LAMY. I have the Safari and the Al star. Great pens! 

So you love pens too? What's your favorite LAMY?  

Oh no, another person to feed @zils unhealthy addiction with pens. We must stop this! We need an intervention! Don't enable her! 

:P

• pam locked this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic