Hell has frozen over

pam

Guest LiterateParakeet
2 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

On the topic of pens, I'm not to great with Fountain pens.  I did find, quite by accident, one that I love that is sort of a combo/midstep between your normal pen and the fountains called a Pentel Stylo.  I actually really enjoy writing with it.

Okay, I'll accept that. Now go and help us assimilate others, LOL!  

@zil Brian mentioned the cracking...but I still can't resist.  Good that they have great customer service. :)  

33 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Okay, I'll accept that. Now go and help us assimilate others, LOL!  

@zil Brian mentioned the cracking...but I still can't resist.  Good that they have great customer service. :) 

They don't all do it, and hopefully their process is always improving.  I don't regret it.

11 minutes ago, Grunt said:

What's the backstory on the fountain pens?  

Do you mean beyond the fact that I like fountain pens?  After sufficient mentioning of this fact, occasional posting of handwritten replies, and needling of people about their use of barbaric ballpoints, I'm now the infamous FP-user of MormonHub. :)

Alternately, if you're asking how I got into fountain pens, let me know - I'm happy to reply, but don't blame me if we're subjected to excessive eye-rolling. ;)

1 hour ago, zil said:

Do you mean beyond the fact that I like fountain pens?  After sufficient mentioning of this fact, occasional posting of handwritten replies, and needling of people about their use of barbaric ballpoints, I'm now the infamous FP-user of MormonHub. :)

Alternately, if you're asking how I got into fountain pens, let me know - I'm happy to reply, but don't blame me if we're subjected to excessive eye-rolling. ;)

I think I'm just amazed that someone is a "writer".  I'm constantly writing in my Leader's Book and I DO like nice pens, but I lose them so fast I'd never spend money on one.

4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I think I'm just amazed that someone is a "writer".  I'm constantly writing in my Leader's Book and I DO like nice pens, but I lose them so fast I'd never spend money on one.

I know FP people who said they had the same problem - until they switched to FPs. Then, they liked them so well that they kept close track of them.  I bet you'd like Karas Kustoms pens.  Link later, gotta go.

44 minutes ago, zil said:

I know FP people who said they had the same problem - until they switched to FPs. Then, they liked them so well that they kept close track of them.  I bet you'd like Karas Kustoms pens.  Link later, gotta go.

http://karaskustoms.com/

Their pens are machined in Arizona.  Expensive, but that's because they're a small shop.  One fountain pen reviewer took one of their pens outside, tossed it as hard as he could down a gravel road, got in his truck, ran it over, then turned around and ran it over again, and the pen was just fine.  (I know, not scientific, and the chucking was probably a better test than running it over with car tires, but still.)  I have a Fountain K Mini in aluminum - love it.  Very sturdy, well-built, says craftsmanship all over it.

They make pens other than fountain pens.  And a cool top that I kinda want but kinda don't (how long can a top entertain an intelligent adult?).

• pam locked this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic