Dressing a deceased relative for burial in Temple robes

Besides those who are endowed members of the church,  in the instance of a brother, obviously only male endowed members can dress them in Temple clothing and robes and vice verse for sisters. My question is, can a wife who was sealed to her husband be involved and participate along side male endowed sons if desired ?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Lehite said:

Besides those who are endowed members of the church,  in the instance of a brother, obviously only male endowed members can dress them in Temple clothing and robes and vice verse for sisters. My question is, can a wife who was sealed to her husband be involved and participate along side male endowed sons if desired ?

I don’t see why not.  Certainly the general rule is as stated above; but I’m not aware that any Church manual strictly bans it.  I distinctly remember that when my grandfather died his bishopric came and dressed him in his main clothing; and then they stayed as my mother and aunt put the final touches on arranging the temple robes.

From the Church Handbook of Instructions:

If possible, deceased members who were endowed should be buried in temple clothing. In some circumstances, the bishop may ask the high priests group leader or elders quorum president to assign an endowed man to dress or oversee the proper dressing of a deceased endowed man. These leaders ensure that the assignment is given to a person who will not find it objectionable. Guidelines for dressing deceased members are provided in Instructions for Clothing the Dead Who Have Received Their Endowments. Leaders may obtain these instructions from Church Distribution Services.

For additional instructions on dressing deceased members in temple clothing, the bishop may refer to Handbook 1, 3.4.9.

I recommend talking to the bishop and high priest group leader to see if there's any counsel in Handbook 1 or the Instructions booklet.

I helped dress my grandpa and uncle. In the case of my uncle my aunt was with me and we both tied his robes and prepared his temple clothing. Nothing was ever said about me or my aunt not being able to participate. I live in Salt Lake and both were being dressed in a mortuary owned by members of the Church, they have been in the business for many years. I feel confident they follow church procedure. 

Edited by miav