LDS Trivia and Puzzles with Sample Question

Jeremy A

I'm going to try something different. I'm going to try for a game tonight at 5 to 7 PM Pacific, 8 to 10 PM Eastern if two or more people show up. The game takes place on DALnet in channel #lds_trivia.

This time, I'm going to go over a part of how the game is played. The main part of the game is, of course, answering trivia questions. Solving puzzles is a chance for players to earn extra points, and I think it makes it more fun.

One aspect of the game is that players will choose the category and level of the questions. Why? Gives them . . . control, I guess. I'm not sure why, but that's the way it's been done, even when I had the game back in the 1990's.

The game has six categories: Bible, Book of Mormon, Church History, New Testament, Old Testament, Wild, and random (?).

The Bible category has New Testament and Old Testament questions. Some questions may not fit to either testaments but both. Wild questions are questions that deal with the church but do not fit the other categories. The random category is a pick from the other categories. Random is not counted as a category.

The questions have eight levels. Well, nine if you count random. The levels are a type of question asked, not its point value. Levels one through four require one correct answer; levels five and six require two; and levels seven and eight require three. Some questions are multiple choice (one, two, five, and seven), while others are not (three, four, six, and eight).

Now, I'm going to ask a level eight question as an example:

"Book of Mormon: Which three of five books has one chapter?"

This one is probably an easy one, but I won't post the answer here. Whoever comes to play the game will not only get the answer but can actually submit an answer before the game starts. Whoever is right gets the question's point value. I'm also not going to mark it as used.

I hope to see you there. Since school starts Thursday, I will only be able to offer games on Sundays.