Not going to meet the sisters anymore

i read the history and it confuses me not plus that I work in a restaurant where people are always rude and the manager always blames me for everything, I called the sisters and said I don't want to meet anyone and get we are sorry you are hurting, and today I said sorry and they said we are sorry you feel that way! I don't need them at all, they don't care and the early Mormon history is confusing, so I don't want to be baptized after all, to upset after what happened with missionaries, are they supposed to say that? 

Let me get this straight.....

You believe the Book of Mormon to be true.

You believe this is the restored church of Jesus Christ.

You believe the Lord wants you to be baptized.

You are going to turn your back on all that because the natural man upset you, learning church history is time-consuming and confusing,  and you get yelled at while working?

Edited by Grunt

@Celticpride, if you're missionaries are being lame (because some sets admittedly are), they don't have to stand in the way of you understanding things or (more importantly) you coming to Christ.

If you're confused, or overwhelmed, or need to vent, or whatever, that's what people on this forum and in so many other venues are here for.  If want to help with anything, just let us know.  If you want space, of course you can have that too.

3 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

@Celticpride, if you're missionaries are being lame (because some sets admittedly are), they don't have to stand in the way of you understanding things or (more importantly) you coming to Christ.

If you're confused, or overwhelmed, or need to vent, or whatever, that's what people on this forum and in so many other venues are here for.  If want to help with anything, just let us know.  If you want space, of course you can have that too.

Mormon.org.  Chat with the missionaries.  Best thing I ever did.

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Celticpride said:

They are and said we are sorry you are struggling and we are sorry you feel that way! I went on Mormon.org and asked for missionaries number for where I live and got the sisters number! I just want to switch missionaries, but they said you can't, these sisters suck!

In fairness, they are probably doing their best. They don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry it's not working out for you though. 

Celticpride, I just re-read your posts, to remind myself where you're coming from.  It's clear you're in a very difficult situation.  We here can and will do what we can to help you - with learning, with encouragement, or just to listen when you need to rant.  When it comes to changing your situation, all we can do is offer advice and encouragement.  The following are suggestions, made from a place of not really knowing the details of your life, but with the best possible intentions on my part.  If they won't work for you, try to find similar things that will work for you.  It seems to me that the most important thing for you right now is to exert control over some element of your life where you don't currently feel in full control.

Do you have what you need (car, money for the bus, whatever) to get yourself to church?  If so, I challenge you to get up on Sunday morning, prep yourself for church, and just walk out and go.  Don't argue or justify or respond to hateful comments as you go, just go.  I believe you will find this empowering, and help you to take other actions which improve your circumstance.  If you don't have the means to do this yourself, perhaps you can arrange for someone to pick you up (even if it has to be a block or two from home)?

As suggested, if the sister missionaries don't work for you, try mormon.org, or here.  Eventually, the sisters will be transferred (or at least one of them will, and then later the other).  In the meantime, pray for them, and for yourself, and use those means that you can to learn.

For Church history questions, here and FairMormon.org are good places to find information and explanations.

If you're not, try to read from the Book of Mormon every day - there is power in that book, and there are promises therein, most importantly, that when you do what the Lord wants you to do, he prospers you.  What that looks like varies from person to person, but I have experienced it both ways (the lack of blessings and the blessings), and I know many others who have also experienced it.  Please give it a try.

Right now, a great many things in your life are leading to frustration and perhaps feelings of despair or hopelessness.  While I don't know what your life is like, and wouldn't dream of saying I know what you're going through, I do know what it feels like to despair of things ever getting better.  But things won't get better unless you make them better.  I know it seems impossible, it seems like you have no control.  But the bigger things are making little things seem worse than they are - that's the thing about despair - it sucks everything in like a black hole, everything is as bad as it can be and gets worse, rather than good things being good.  You need to find a way to change perspective, to recognize the little things which aren't worth your frustration, and the start changing things for the better - even if "things" are only your perspective and thoughts (at first).

Please note that it doesn't matter who is responsible for any of your trials or frustrations - it doesn't matter if your family or those where you work are in the wrong.  You cannot change them.  But you can choose to act rather than react.  You can control what you feel, think, say, and do.  And even though things may look hopeless, you can find and even create hope - with the help of Jesus Christ.  This isn't easy, but it can be done, and is worth the effort.

21 minutes ago, Celticpride said:

They are and said we are sorry you are struggling and we are sorry you feel that way! I went on Mormon.org and asked for missionaries number for where I live and got the sisters number! I just want to switch missionaries, but they said you can't, these sisters suck!

Yes, these sisters are the current set of missionaries in your area.  Now, if you don't want to work with them, you don't have to.  Options include:

-Working with the online missionaries as @Grunt recommended.

-Work with the "ward missionaries" in your area.  They're different than the name-tag-wearing full-time missionaries.  Rather, these folks are part-time volunteers that live in your area and help folks (frequently but not mandatory with the full-time missionaries).  

-Just other folks in your local area

-Of course we are available here

-If you want to do independent study

Another thing to remember: each full-time missionaries is only in a certain area for a short time (2-4 months-ish).  

3 minutes ago, Celticpride said:

Thank you and these sisters suck and the people on Mormon.org keep saying I can't switch missionaries in my area, I bet I can

Missionaries are assigned to geographic areas. They aren't even allowed to leave their assigned boundaries.  This is true the world over, and it isn't going to change to suit someone's personal preferences.

Please try to have charity toward your sisters, and if you cannot work with them, use the other methods suggested until such time as new missionaries are assigned.

15 minutes ago, Celticpride said:

Thank you and these sisters suck and the people on Mormon.org keep saying I can't switch missionaries in my area, I bet I can

Echoing @zil's words:

The two full-time missionaries assigned to your geographic area are currently these two ladies.  They are currently assigned to that area and aren't even allowed to leave that geographic area without special permission.  It'll remain that way until one of them is assigned to a different area (probably in a few weeks).  That's simply how LDS missions work, and doesn't change upon anyone's request (including the missionaries).

Now, if you want to work with someone else (not the full-time missionaries assigned to your area), there are a number of other options which have been given in this thread.  

1 hour ago, Celticpride said:

The missionaries are people, just like you.  They aren't perfect.  Believe me, though, I know how you feel.  

Know this, though.  They may "suck", but they ARE trying to help you.  They WANT to help you.  If you want help, open your heart and tell them how they can help you within the confines of their abilities.  Otherwise, you'll have to find help yourself.

Be aware that attitude and openness affects a person's ability, and willingness, to help you.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:10 PM, Celticpride said:

They are and said we are sorry you are struggling and we are sorry you feel that way! 

Okay, maybe I don't get it because English is not my primary language... but, I don't see anything wrong with this?  I say this a lot.  Like - 

Friend:  "I'm depressed."
Me:  "I'm sorry you feel that way.  Try this wonderful essential oil on your diffuser.  It might help."

Is that bad?

There's also this:

Friend:  "You suck!"
Me:  "I'm sorry you feel that way.  I'm just trying to help."

Is that bad?

I do know it can be used for sarcasm too, like -

Friend:  "You suck!"
Me:  "I'm sorry you are too stupid to see how great I am..."

But I'm 100% certain missionaries don't do that.

Edited by anatess2

Individual missionaries are only in one area for a few months.  And sometimes elders and switched with sisters, so if you have a bad set, wait a week, and chances are you'll get new people.  Be aware, that the new missionaries generally don't keep tabs on past activity other than maybe a name and a number, so they will have no idea of your history with past missionaries unless you tell them.  My advice:  Do any or all of the following:  Go online to talk to missionaries there.   Meet with members in the ward/branch in addition to missionaries (i..e go to church).  Wait for another set of sisters to come in.  Bring your frustrations and questions here, and we'll all try to help you through it.  But honestly, church is your best option for answering questions and getting to know people.  But don't let a few grumpy grumps push you away.