Priesthood and women sessions of General Conference changing

pam

In a message sent to Church leadership and to be read in worship services throughout the world, the Council of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced changes for future general conferences.

The letter states that "beginning in April 2018, the general women's session will no longer be held on the Saturday preceding the other sessions of general conference. Rather, the general priesthood and general women's sessions will each be held annually, with the general priesthood session being in April and the general women's session being in October." It continues, "These meetings will originate from the Conference Center on Saturday evening following the morning and afternoon sessions of the conference."

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/general-conference-sessions-consolidated-april-2018

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2017 at 3:12 PM, pam said:

This seriously makes sense to me.  Many people travel from out of town for conference.  This will now give those sisters a chance to attend a regular session and the women's session.

Always kind of wondered what sort of mess that made of the family situation for those planning to travel to all relevant sessions.

I talked to my wife about this, and she says it's a bad idea.

She finds it difficult to listen to the entire conference.  Two sessions is about all she can handle.  So, the break on Saturday night is perfect for her.  Now, she will sit through two sessions, then fall asleep during the women's session which is specially made for her.  She's disappointed.  And she doesn't know if she'll make it through the Sunday sessions.

I don't know why she thinks it is easier for men to do the priesthood session.