Quick intro

dannyireland

Hi there. This is just a quick introduction about me.

I head about The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints about 2 years ago after being given a card. Just last week I came to realise there was a massive hole in my life and something was missing. I was just randomly going through my wallet and found the card given to me by a Missionary. I’m now on my way to being baptised. I work in a caring profession here in the UK we’re known as Healthcare Assistants, kind of like mini nurses. I was wondering if there are any other nurses or the equivalent on here to talk too, along with any friends I can make. 

If any of you have a question please ask.

14 hours ago, dannyireland said:

Hi there. This is just a quick introduction about me.

I head about The Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints about 2 years ago after being given a card. Just last week I came to realise there was a massive hole in my life and something was missing. I was just randomly going through my wallet and found the card given to me by a Missionary. I’m now on my way to being baptised. I work in a caring profession here in the UK we’re known as Healthcare Assistants, kind of like mini nurses. I was wondering if there are any other nurses or the equivalent on here to talk too, along with any friends I can make. 

If any of you have a question please ask.

Welcome! Much of my dad's side came over to the US from Ireland. I used to be an in-home caregiver for the elderly, helping them with daily tasks their bodies couldn't handle anymore. Some were more intensive than others; my tasks ranged from washing dishes to wiping bums. Not sure if that's anything like what you do, but almost my entire friend group in college were nursing majors. They dubbed me a "nursing groupie" and gave me an honorary pin after their pinning ceremony. 

Edited by seashmore

4 hours ago, seashmore said:

Welcome! Much of my dad's side came over to the US from Ireland. I used to be an in-home caregiver for the elderly, helping them with daily tasks their bodies couldn't handle anymore. Some were more intensive than others; my tasks ranged from washing dishes to wiping bums. Not sure if that's anything like what you do, but almost my entire friend group in college were nursing majors. They dubbed me a "nursing groupie" and gave me an honorary pin after their pinning ceremony. 

Thanks for the welcome. I work in a Operating Room, or Theatre as it’s known here in the UK. I just love working here and helping people. It does involve wiping bums at times but that’s just the way it goes. 

1 minute ago, dannyireland said:

Thanks for the welcome. I work in a Operating Room, or Theatre as it’s known here in the UK. I just love working here and helping people. It does involve wiping bums at times but that’s just the way it goes. 

So why do they call an operating room a theatre?    So next time I have to have surgery, should I request popcorn?  :)

Hi @dannyireland, welcome!

My sister is a nurse but she's in the USA.  I have a friend who is a nurse in London, so at least, that's in the UK.  Several cousins scattered all over Great Britain too but not in Ireland unfortunately.

So wiping bums... my sister calls it "paper work".  :D