So whats up with the super-secret broadcast today?

paracaidista508

3 hours ago, paracaidista508 said:

Just heard about it a couple days ago. Some emergency meeting or something?

Anyway- I suppose we will find out in a couple hours.

You weren’t supposed to talk about it here.  Two goons with violin cases, both answering to the name “Guido”, will be on your front doorstep presently . . . I suggest you not be home.

Well it was a "nothingburger" relatively speaking. Was announced last week and no one knew what the purpose of the broadcast was and we were not told. Come to find out friends and family in other stakes were given the same info. They had no idea what it was about. Anyway we were all thinking there was gonna be some grand announcement. There wasn't.

It was a broadcast specifically to the "North American - Southwest Area" 

Weird how this was communicated to the people in the pews. 

Should have slept in.

45 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

You weren’t supposed to talk about it here.  Two goons with violin cases, both answering to the name “Guido”, will be on your front doorstep presently . . . I suggest you not be home.

...because even though "Behold! A Royal Army" is a great hymn, neither Guido plays the violin that well.

Actually sat through it this morning... the parts I stayed awake for, at least. 

There were four speakers, and the bulk of it was about the recent hurricanes and the various relief efforts that were undertaken in their wake. In a nutshell, while the speakers praised everyone who helped out with refugees and the recovery effort, it was noted that there's a lot we need to be doing on a daily basis to help others; it shouldn't take a hurricane to get people up and moving. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:25 PM, Ironhold said:

Actually sat through it this morning... the parts I stayed awake for, at least. 

There were four speakers, and the bulk of it was about the recent hurricanes and the various relief efforts that were undertaken in their wake. In a nutshell, while the speakers praised everyone who helped out with refugees and the recovery effort, it was noted that there's a lot we need to be doing on a daily basis to help others; it shouldn't take a hurricane to get people up and moving. 

Yea I saw it. Here I was with popcorn ready for some big change like gays allowed to have the priesthood or something (lol) and find out it was just back patting for volunteers. They did a good job btw, but if it was such a big deal why not broadcast to the whole church???

On 2017-11-07 at 6:53 PM, paracaidista508 said:

Yea I saw it. Here I was with popcorn ready for some big change like gays allowed to have the priesthood or something (lol) and find out it was just back patting for volunteers. They did a good job btw, but if it was such a big deal why not broadcast to the whole church???

I sometimes wonder about this stuff too.

We had a meeting for all Relief Society teachers in the stake. The stake rep drove 3 hours to deliver her address. The poor lady could not think of what to say. We looked st her. She looked at us. 

Part of this process is training the potential leaders in the next life. IMHO. So yes, sometimes it all seems pointless but , shrug, we are all in training. It’s a continuum and we are all at different stages in the process.  ✌️ ❤️