1 minute ago, An Investigator said:

Thanks but the people they have called to teach the classes are amazing anyway,  plus I have read the Holy Temple by Boyd K Packer and The Peal of Great price.    Anyone suggest anything else? 

The temple is very symbolic in it's teaching, so I would exercise your think-symbolicly mental muscles.

12 minutes ago, An Investigator said:

I used to be a Catholic so I am used to a bit of symbolism :)

Start with thinking about the symbolism of the story of Adam and Eve is not just the story of Adam and Eve, but a story about everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, zil said:

NOTE 1: You can find the class manual in the Gospel Library app in the "Temple and Family History" category.

NOTE 2: You'll have to get baptized before they let you go to the temple. ;)

Unless you want to attend the open-to-the-public open house before dedication (or rededication).

4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I can pre-study.   

The way people talk, someone may want to meet me there sooner rather than later.

Usually, there is a 1-year waiting period from baptism to endowment.  I say "usually".  But there have been exceptions granted.  The only one I personally knew didn't seem to have any particular reason for it.  But she petitioned for it and she got it.

Come to think of it, I never asked why.  I'll have to get a hold of my sister (whose friend was the one who got the exception) and see what was up.

2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Usually, there is a 1-year waiting period from baptism to endowment.  I say "usually".  But there have been exceptions granted.  The only one I personally knew didn't seem to have any particular reason for it.  But she petitioned for it and she got it.

Come to think of it, I never asked why.  I'll have to get a hold of my sister (whose friend was the one who got the exception) and see what was up.

Easy now.  Can't you be baptized without being endowed?

1 minute ago, Grunt said:

Easy now.  Can't you be baptized without being endowed?

Of course.  But I was addressing your "teasing comment" about 

11 minutes ago, Grunt said:

The way people talk, someone may want to meet me there sooner rather than later.

I understand you were joking.  But I thought you'd appreciate the bit of trivium.

4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

I spend a lot of time on Google since I began investigating.

Warning: There are people who, against the very covenants they're in the act of making, record the endowment on their cell phone and put it on YouTube - I strongly recommend against watching these things.  There are other people, who, in violation of those same covenants talk about things they promised not to.  This is something the anti-Mormons / haters love to mock, but you do not want any part of that - not if there's a chance you will one day make those covenants yourself - what you see / read will, in my opinion, taint the experience for you.

So be cautious of what you find on google.  No doubt, LDS.org has plenty of stuff.

16 minutes ago, zil said:

No time to answer, have to run, someone else will - but that manual will probably start off with some kind of summary.  If no replies when I return, I'll reply again. :)

To Zil's rescue!

Endowment specifically

http://ldschurchtemples.org/mormon/endowment/  (not LDS.org, but written by loyal LDS folks and good)

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/gs/endowment

In general:

https://www.lds.org/manual/preparing-to-enter-the-holy-temple/preparing-to-enter-the-holy-temple?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/youth/learn/temple-preparation/prepare?lang=eng

53 minutes ago, Jane_Doe said:

Thank you!  I think this link best covers what I would say.

@Grunt - it's totally OK to ask any and every question you want.  We may not be as specific as you would like in the answer because, as that link says, there are some things that we don't talk about outside the temple.  But we'll tell you what we can.  And I'll just note now, that there is, in my opinion and experience, no need to be concerned about the lack of detail spoken outside the temple (all of us who have been through the temple started out as ignorant of the details as anyone else) - we go and we learn and we make covenants, and none of it is "weird" and none of it should be surprising to anyone who has studied the gospel and believes its teachings.

2 minutes ago, zil said:

@Grunt - it's totally OK to ask any and every question you want.  We may not be as specific as you would like in the answer because, as that link says, there are some things that we don't talk about outside the temple.  But we'll tell you what we can.  

100% of temple stuff is free to ask questions about.  >95% of you'll just get a straight up answer to.  The part covenanted not to talk about is actually really small.  And if you happen to ask something people aren't comfortable answering, then we'll just say so and everything will be chill.  

For me, I view it much the small censorship much like censoring about sexual relationship with my husband-- I'm happy to tell you that it exists, that it brings me joy, the overall frame work (aka birds and bees type stuff), that the foundations are love & communication, etc.  But I'm not comfortable going to gritty details- because that's for my husband and I.  Likewise with the temple: happy to talk about the framework, the joy, foundations, etc.  But nitty gritty details are for me and the Lord.