Face to Face event for young adults - question

I see there is going to be an event for young adults with Elders Ballard and Oaks taking questions. 

I understand why you would want to have older people counseling young adults, but I also wondered if there are any young adult leaders in the Church that also give such presentations? I think young people like to hear from people their own age sometimes, but maybe that isn't an LDS thing. I don't know.

33 minutes ago, dahlia said:

I see there is going to be an event for young adults with Elders Ballard and Oaks taking questions. 

I understand why you would want to have older people counseling young adults, but I also wondered if there are any young adult leaders in the Church that also give such presentations? I think young people like to hear from people their own age sometimes, but maybe that isn't an LDS thing. I don't know.

What would you like young adult leaders to present?

12 minutes ago, Grunt said:

What would you like young adult leaders to present?

Don't know, since I'm not a young adult and don't really know them well at church (actually, I guess they're all in another ward, huh?). Maybe something about being a young person in today's world and living according to Scripture? In general, I think the leadership does a good job of addressing many of these matters, I just wonder if young people would like to hear it from another young person sometimes.  

2 hours ago, dahlia said:

If that person attends a YSA ward, then they learn from other YSA's all the time (Sacrament Meeting talks, Sunday School, RS/PH, etc).  

If a person attends a family ward, then they hear from people older then them frequently, and the older people are taught by the younger ones frequently. 

3 hours ago, dahlia said:

It will be broadcast at 6 pm MST via lds.org. Sometimes the talks are recorded and rebroadcast.

4 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

If that person attends a YSA ward, then they learn from other YSA's all the time (Sacrament Meeting talks, Sunday School, RS/PH, etc).  

If a person attends a family ward, then they hear from people older then them frequently, and the older people are taught by the younger ones frequently. 

I get the local part. I was wondering about on the national/international level, whether there were young adult leaders.

4 minutes ago, dahlia said:

I get the local part. I was wondering about on the national/international level, whether there were young adult leaders.

There is no special YA organization.  Once people are 18 (though many wait until going to college / on a mission before attending adult classes), they are part of the adult organizations - Priesthood and Relief Society.  Those organizations are supposed to provide for the needs of the YAs.  Depending on the make-up of the ward they're in, their leaders may be other YAs or not or a mix.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 7:42 PM, zil said:

There is no special YA organization.  Once people are 18 (though many wait until going to college / on a mission before attending adult classes), they are part of the adult organizations - Priesthood and Relief Society.  Those organizations are supposed to provide for the needs of the YAs.  Depending on the make-up of the ward they're in, their leaders may be other YAs or not or a mix.

Well, in many areas they have YSA wards and even YSA events.  For those they have YSA leaders (YSA elders quorum pres, RS pres...etc) or for events many times and Activity leader or leaders.  In addition they may have YSA family home evening groups in some areas, and if a big enough place an Institute which also has YSA activities and an Institute council (works under the direction or advisement of the Institute director).

They have leaders over those on a national and international level, but normally those leaders are not YSA.

The LDS church USED to have group of YSA that had a fraternity and a sorority which had national leadership (anyone else who was part of Sigma Gamma Chi here besides me?).  It was replaced with the council mentioned above (LDSSA), and hence there will be no more fraternity brothers (or sisters for Lambda Delta Sigma [LDS] for that matter) anymore.