KIndle Fire help

beefche

I took advantage of Black Friday for Amazon and bought an Amazon Fire. I downloaded the Gospel Library app and while downloading the tons of information (not the app itself, but downloading the scriptures, magazines, etc.), I got a download failed notification. I am unable to delete this notification.

I've tried uninstalling the app. I've tried rebooting. I've tried going through the download manager. Nothing works. The only thing that I find that will get rid of the notification is to uninstall the app and not reinstall it. That is not an option as one reason why I got this tablet was so I can use it for that app.

Any suggestions? I've tried Googling this but so far, nothing has worked. 

8 minutes ago, beefche said:

I took advantage of Black Friday for Amazon and bought an Amazon Fire. I downloaded the Gospel Library app and while downloading the tons of information (not the app itself, but downloading the scriptures, magazines, etc.), I got a download failed notification. I am unable to delete this notification.

I've tried uninstalling the app. I've tried rebooting. I've tried going through the download manager. Nothing works. The only thing that I find that will get rid of the notification is to uninstall the app and not reinstall it. That is not an option as one reason why I got this tablet was so I can use it for that app.

Any suggestions? I've tried Googling this but so far, nothing has worked. 

Since it's new, have you tried to restore, update to latest, then download your apps again?

I know they helped me get the apps on my Tablet (Was not a Kindle though).  This emphasis on the new ways to read stuff at church is hard on old folk like me who are not exactly technologically savvy. 

I DO have a Kindle (the older ones which are not tablets, they only read books), but never got the gospel library on that.  It does have the Book of Mormon and the Bible that you can put on it though through the more traditional method.

Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my knowledge on the Kindle.

I did a 

On 12/2/2017 at 7:48 PM, mirkwood said:

Good luck.  I had a Kindle Fire for about 3 years.  It started having problems and eventually locked up at the boot screen.  Now I have an iPad. 

It was super cheap (Cyber Monday deal). My other tablet has so many issues (I had it about 6 years). And we are an Android family--no Apple products for us (and they are way too expensive). 

7 minutes ago, beefche said:

I did a 

It was super cheap (Cyber Monday deal). My other tablet has so many issues (I had it about 6 years). And we are an Android family--no Apple products for us (and they are way too expensive). 

I bought one refurbished.  I also have iPod's.   I hate the iPhone.  Galaxy for me.

37 minutes ago, mirkwood said:

I bought one refurbished.  I also have iPod's.   I hate the iPhone.  Galaxy for me.

I've looked into the Galaxy tablets. But, this Kindle was so flippin' cheap that I figured that even if I hated it, it was still better than my dysfunctional, current tablet. 

2 hours ago, beefche said:

I've looked into the Galaxy tablets. But, this Kindle was so flippin' cheap that I figured that even if I hated it, it was still better than my dysfunctional, current tablet. 

I know that a few months ago they had RCA Voyager Tablets (I think that's what they were) for $25.  I had a friend buy one and put the gospel library on that.

They now have the Voyager III out for $49, it's possible when the new school year rolls around that they will reduce that one in price (long term, I know...that's some time away from now).

PS: Thought I'd add, of very interesting note, I got a LOT of help here putting on the gospel library on my tablet when I got one (one of the first questions I asked here).  From that experience, and the things people told me here, I was actually able to help that friend with the Voyager tablet be able to install the gospel library on their tablet!!!   Not that they are reading this thread, but if they are, thanks again for the help all that while ago!!!  From me and others I've helped since as well!!!

Edited by JohnsonJones

On 12/2/2017 at 6:48 PM, mirkwood said:

Good luck.  I had a Kindle Fire for about 3 years.  It started having problems and eventually locked up at the boot screen.  Now I have an iPad. 

CyanogenMod.  (Now LineageOS)  Put it on mine the day I bought it.  No more silly Kindle interface, just a fully functional Android tablet dirt cheap.  Installer was pretty simple too.