Original Book Of Mormon

2 minutes ago, NightSG said:

Cliff, the Third Cousin of God that They left worldsitting while They took a week off for a Father and Son fishing trip

If I recall correctly, I believe it was Cliff, the Third Cousin of God, once removed, on His Mother's side.  Or did you just edit that to make it easier for us to not misunderstand?  :D

1 minute ago, Blossom76 said:

As I have already stated in a another post, I will be studying for 18 months to see if this is the right thing to convert to, my husband has agreed to study with me

Awesome, who are your sources for this "information"?

Are you taking missionary lessons? They are a great source

2 minutes ago, NeedleinA said:

ding, ding, ding!

14 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Just out of curiosity Blossom, are you honestly going page by page, verse by verse, and comparing your hard copy of your old version with current version?

I'd hate to think you were just finding criticisms on some anti-mormon website, and just pasting them here as if they were really your own research...

I find this comment very insulting, I have not looked at ANYTHING anti mormon, I am very cautious to only look at LDS writing in my search for truth.

This is mine and my husbands findings and I have to say I didn't expect such hostility from a group of christians!  This is a very legitimate question

2 minutes ago, Bad Karma said:

Awesome, who are your sources for this "information"?

Are you taking missionary lessons? They are a great source

I am going to LDS church most Sundays (the missionaries teach me there) and I am reading the Book of Mormon, Gospel Principles, D&C and The Pearl of Great Price. I also am on lds.org a lot and have also checked out fairmormon on some questions too.

My husband and I have been reading the Book of Mormon together - him from his kick land edition and me from my LDS given edition - that is why we discovered the differences - because they are there

2 minutes ago, Blossom76 said:

I find this comment very insulting, I have not looked at ANYTHING anti mormon, I am very cautious to only look at LDS writing in my search for truth.

This is mine and my husbands findings and I have to say I didn't expect such hostility from a group of christians!  This is a very legitimate question

I agree with you Blossom.  The other poster was out of line (I'm sure they're apologize, they are a nice person and I don't think they meant to offend).  

7 minutes ago, Bad Karma said:

That's been on my mind, just too many breadcrumbs lead to it. 

Again, insulting and I don't know why you would think that, this is a legitimate question - it's mine and my husbands question from reading scripture

Just now, Blossom76 said:

I am going to LDS church most Sundays (the missionaries teach me there) and I am reading the Book of Mormon, Gospel Principles, D&C and The Pearl of Great Price. I also am on lds.org a lot and have also checked out fairmormon on some questions too.

My husband and I have been reading the Book of Mormon together - him from his kick land edition and me from my LDS given edition - that is why we discovered the differences - because they are there

Interesting stuff. I'll just answer though, Jesus is not God. Imagine him on the cross saying "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do". If he were God, if he spoke at all, it would seem odd for him to say "Forgive them MYSELF, for they know not what they do".

Well, I hope you'll forgive me.  The last 100 times someone came to this website with this exact issue you're having, they all turned out to be wolves in sheep's clothing.  There's just this odd stripe of Christian who somehow believes "lying for the Lord" is justified when you're trying to open the eyes of some deluded cultish mormons to the truth (or words to that effect).  Please forgive my haste to be skeptical.

Kudos to you and your husband for reading the thing together.  Again, if you're scholarly-minded and that interested, I hope you'll check out the link to the Critical Text Project I posted - it truly is a wealth of information along these lines.  I'm not exactly scholarly-minded myself - I can only take such things in small doses.   But you folks sound like you might have the brain power to keep up with decades of this PhD's work.

Edited by NeuroTypical

Interesting stuff. I'll just answer though, Jesus is not God. Imagine him on the cross saying "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do". If he were God, if he spoke at all, it would seem odd for him to say "Forgive them MYSELF, for they know not what they do".

Again, insulting and I don't know why you would think that, this is a legitimate question - it's mine and my husbands question from reading scripture

You're being obtuse

6 minutes ago, Bad Karma said:

There's a difference between acknowledging Christ's divinity, versus mixing him up with the Father.

Edited by Jane_Doe

16 minutes ago, Bad Karma said:

Her sources are "Anti Mormon Sites" which ask the "investigator" to raise these points to refute our doctrine. 

And again, my sources are LDS scripture, I'd appreciate it if you kept your insults to yourself.  I have not looked at ANYTHING anti-mormon AT ALL

And again, my sources are LDS scripture, I'd appreciate it if you kept your insults to yourself.  I have not looked at ANYTHING anti-mormon AT ALL

No one is insulting you, you're reacting poorly to questions not just my own, but others. You perceive insult where none is offered. You do that often. 

No one is insulting you, you're reacting poorly to questions not just my own, but others. You perceive insult where none is offered. You do that often. 

2 minutes ago, Blossom76 said:

You're being defensive and rude, and I understand quite well thank you very much.

Excellent! Proceed!

Just now, Bad Karma said:

I asked a question and you assume you know my intentions - which you do not, and accusing me of looking at anti-mormon stuff is insulting.

2 hours ago, Blossom76 said:

Now that the 1830 edition of the Book of Mormon is here I understand.  It is very different, the text is places is very different.  The Book of Mormon used by the LDS Church today is not the same Book of Mormon Joseph Smith translated - and its not just spelling and grammar differences, I'm talking doctrinal differences in the text.

So my question is, if the Book of Mormon is the most correct book ever written by Joseph Smith a true prophet of God then why isn't the original text that Joseph Smith dictated used by the LDS Church?

1 hour ago, Blossom76 said:

Current Version
1 Nephi 11:18   Original
1 Nephi 11:21 Original
1 Nephi 11:32 Original

Being offended when none is intended is a personal choice. Offense wasn't intended but sharing my opinion was.
Taken off an anti-mormon website. Original ideas?

Untitled-2.jpg.a2321ef431800027d6831ebe0e696a05.jpg

Edited by NeedleinA

Okay so now that half the thread is back and forth about who hurt who's feelings, can we just believe that no one was intentionally trying to be mean and no one was trying to be argumentative and move on please?  :mellow:

More important than all that, @Blossom76, has your question been answered?  Or are you looking for more?  If so, what do you expect as an answer, more than what has been given?

Edited by person0

I will not speak to you again, you are rude and obnoxious and have no interest in helping me with my question at all.

Sorry, you've caught me in the middle of sharing goldfish crackers with my youngest son... Ok, sorry I could not assist you further.