Jihadists threaten San Diego's Mormon temple

bytebear

I think we can imagine where anyone killed while doing temple work would go.

I also think we can imagine where anyone entering a temple unworthily and killing those doing temple work would go.

This nutcase better rethink his threat . . . 

Edited by DoctorLemon

When I saw the headline I assumed that the threat was in reaction to POTUS recognizing Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel. Apparently, it's just hate. Then again, Chris Matthews (MSNBC Hardline host) gets to call Evangelical Christians in Alabama crazy (for their 'mythical' ideas about Jerusalem), as he insinuates that POTUS' moves was aimed at get Roy Moore elected, and no one has accused him a hate-speech, or of using religiously bigoted slurs.

8 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

I think we can imagine where anyone killed while doing temple work would go.

Yes, to the spirit world.

9 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

I also think we can imagine where anyone entering a temple unworthily and killing those doing temple work would go.

Yes, to the spirit world.

9 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

This nutcase better rethink his threat . . .

Always good advice to nutcases who threaten.

I felt special to see that an image of one of our temples was grabbed by the Islamic State and used in their propaganda.  It's nice to be noticed.  No, I don't believe it represents any specific credible threat against that temple, or even mormons in general.  I figure they just grabbed various images to use in that particular video, and grabbed our temple as an example as a U.S. religious image.  This is merely a propaganda video by violent deadly people on the other side of the world, urging people in this country to go do bad things, and giving suggestions.

And no, this wasn't just some random jihadist guy who did the video.  It was an official release by one of the media arms of the Islamic State.

Many, but not all, actual attacks occurring in in Western countries tied to IS have been preceded by releasing threats or propaganda videos/posters. Some, but hardly most, of the images depicted in such releases actually ever get attacked. 

Edited by NeuroTypical

2 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Comforting facts:  Many, but not all, actual attacks occurring in in Western countries tied to IS have been preceded by releasing threats or propaganda videos/posters.
Some, but hardly most, of the images depicted in such releases actually every get attacked.  This is merely a propaganda video by violent deadly people on the other side of the world, urging people in this country to go do bad things, and giving suggestions.

I think many countries have seen the damage reaped by those who made public their intentions and no one actually believed they would go that far.

Edited by Guest

Many years ago when I was serving in London, we had a period of about 4 weeks where we couldn't wear tags because islamic nutters were harassing Christian missionaries and our tags made us the easiest to recognize.

Hmm, but following the Egypt bombing of the Sufi mosque on Nov 27th a few weeks ago, isis went quiet afterwards because it was sooo unpopular in the islamic world. This leads me to wonder if the greater islamic world would have been upset if isis had have blown up a Christian church or congregation?

I know this survey annoys apologists but it's still interesting nonetheless:

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey

Yeah, Whatever...... I'm going to go to the San Diego temple for a session, that place looks awesome, I've not been to that one yet. I've only every been to the Redlands one. Islamonutters just make me want to go even more now. Yeah, their scare tactics work, NOT! LOL

3 hours ago, Bad Karma said:

Yeah, Whatever...... I'm going to go to the San Diego temple for a session, that place looks awesome, I've not been to that one yet. I've only every been to the Redlands one. Islamonutters just make me want to go even more now. Yeah, their scare tactics work, NOT! LOL

Yeah, I agree with you.

What I don't agree with though is when the nutters don't provide a quick death. '...and should we die before the journey is through, happy day all is well...' which I'm totally with. But then take  Bartholomew's case- he was, according to one account, flayed ( skinned alive ).

We know that the modern day LDS hero Helmuth Hubener was tortured by the nazis, but we don't know how long his torture lasted- he was caught and jailed in mid Feb but executed in August. 

I know that all such suffering is brief, a speck in the eternities so to speak but the agony of losing a child or being maimed, well, that lasts for a fair chunk of this existence.