How do I inquire about a deleted thread?

Seek

47 minutes ago, Seek said:

Thanks.

BTW ... You had posted in my thread I believe. Why, in your estimation, was the thread deleted?

Threads are removed when they violate the rules which each poster agrees to (it states this in the rules themselves).  You can review the rules by clicking the link up top "Mormon Hub Rules".

1 hour ago, Vort said:

Possibly because you were openly advocating apostate ideas? Just a thought.

I'm curious. Which ideas were they?

I can't say I was advocating for anything, only expressing my views as a believer in the Book of Mormon and asking if others believed like me.

Our modern, Western sensibilities tell us there is no God but ourselves. I don't trust our modern, Western sensibilities about such things. I trust a true prophet a whole lot more than I trust our Western sensibilities, and certainly a great deal more than I trust your interpretation of them.

28 minutes ago, Vort said:

Our modern, Western sensibilities tell us there is no God but ourselves. I don't trust our modern, Western sensibilities about such things. I trust a true prophet a whole lot more than I trust our Western sensibilities, and certainly a great deal more than I trust your interpretation of them.

I thought the motto was ... In God We Trust

Perhaps @Seek was just misunderstood? I was accused of being anti mormon in the last thread I started and I sincerely wasn't, maybe this is the same thing? A question people may find confronting doesn't automatically mean the person asking the question is attacking the church.  How are we supposed to learn and grow if that is our attitude?

Edited by Blossom76

19 minutes ago, Blossom76 said:

Perhaps @Seek was just misunderstood? I was accused of being anti mormon in the last thread I started and I sincerely wasn't, maybe this is the same thing? A question people may find confronting doesn't automatically mean the person asking the question is attacking the church.  How are we supposed to learn and grow if that is our attitude?

Totally. 

I hadn't abused anyone, had I?  Or been profane?

Where's the tolerance?

14 minutes ago, Seek said:

Totally. 

Where's the tolerance?

I am sorry this happened to you, when it happened to me a Site Moderator reposted my question with a request that everyone remain respectful, hopefully that happens in this case as well.

9 hours ago, Seek said:

Thanks.

BTW ... You had posted in my thread I believe. Why, in your estimation, was the thread deleted?

First, I have no idea what may or may not have transpired between when I last read your thread and when the moderator decided to remove it.  I am not the moderator who removed it, therefore, I don't know why they removed it.  Warning: It's possible this thread violates the rule to settle privately any issues you have with moderators.

However, if we go to the rules post, we find rule 1:

1. Do not post, upload, or otherwise submit anything to the site that is derogatory towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachings, or its leaders.

You invited people to speak ill of the prophet Joseph Smith.  That sounds derogatory towards "its leaders" (or at least likely to lead there).  Nothing good1 is going to come from that (regardless of whether you think Joseph Smith is a prophet).  If you have doubts about Joseph Smith's prophetic role, and you want help reconciling those doubts, then ask for help reconciling them, not for everyone else to trash-talk him so that you can feel better about / not alone in your doubts.  If you don't want help reconciling them, but rather just want to find others who also "doubt" (sounds beyond doubt at this point), this is not the place to look for like-minded people.

1 Unless your definition of "good" is to destroy the faith of others, in which case, this site will not provide a platform for you to accomplish that.

Note: I play no official role whatsoever on or in connection with this website, I'm just another poster.  But the following is my interpretation / assumption / understanding based on what happened and on the site rules.

6 hours ago, Blossom76 said:

6 hours ago, Blossom76 said:

I am sorry this happened to you, when it happened to me a Site Moderator reposted my question with a request that everyone remain respectful, hopefully that happens in this case as well.

The difference is that you were asking a question which just happens to be a question frequently "asked" by anti-Mormons.  While you thereby triggered knee-jerk defensive responses from people accustomed to anti-Mormons starting an attack with that same question, you did not make an accusation, nor did you invite others to share their reasons for disbelieving in the Book of Mormon, rather, you asked for an explanation.  The moderator didn't delete your original thread (it's still there for anyone to read), just closed it to additional posts and started a new one in hopes of putting an end to the contentious feelings found in the first thread (assumption).

Edited by zil

@Seek:  The thread was closed pending review by the full panel of moderators, a process that may take a couple of days.  Once that process is done either the thread will re-open or hopefully someone will send you an explanation via PM.

And yes, this is something that would have been better handled via the “Contact Us” feature.  ;) 

Edited by Just_A_Guy

8 hours ago, Seek said:

Where's the tolerance?

Hi Seek,

If you scroll to the top of lots of pages here, you'll see this:

image.thumb.png.ebe145d3ae26a1a720c4c1c88e67003d.png

Since you agreed to abide by these rules, you would do yourself a service and give them a brief scan, get a little familiar with them.  I think you'll find once you're familiar with them, this place is pretty darn tolerant, unless you start violating forum rules.  There are several that seem to surprise some folks, like:

1. Do not post, upload, or otherwise submit anything to the site that is derogatory towards The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, its teachings, or its leaders. Anti-LDS Propaganda will not be tolerated anywhere.
6. Posting issues you have with a moderator or administrator anywhere on the site will not be allowed. Please follow the chain of authority if you have any concerns. Any such posts will be removed and the poster will be subject to the consequences of breaking the rules.

Course of action that should be taken if you have a concern:
- Send a message directly to the moderator you have a concern about. If you are unable to work out the problem then,
- Send a message to the head moderators.
- If after you have approached both avenues, you may then send a message to Heather; however know that Heather is very unlikely to over rule anything that has been sanctioned by the moderators and head moderators.

Happy posting and Merry Christmas!
NT (I don't know anything about your deleted thread, just got back after a weekend of Christmas madness and tithing settlement.)

Edited by NeuroTypical