Adam and Eve and Evolution

zlllch

4 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

1. I hope there are honest evolutionists out there.
2. I had a conversation with Duane Jeffery, a BYU professor, who was also on the board at the NCSE, a known anti creation organization. He told me there was friction between his position as board member at the NCSE and the prophet and apostles. Its one of the main reason they came out with the BYU evolution packet as teachings and beliefs amongst professors at BYU do not coincide with the gospel.

1. Is your assumption then that evolutionists are therefore dishonest and someday you hope to meet an honest one?
2. Am I understanding this correctly: Jeffery's beliefs and/or NCSE position did not coincide with the gospel, causing friction between him and the prophet and apostles so Rex Lee then had Jeffery & Everson come up with BYU Evolution Packet? If Jeffery was involved in the creation of the BYU E.Packet, what was it's purpose?
1. to correct BYU professors who's belief's do not coincide with the gospel, Jeffery himself for example?
or
2. to point out to the prophet and the apostles that Jeffery's was fine in his position?

Sorry, you lost me on this one.

Hello, folks! I've been away for a while, but here I am. I'd like to add my opinion about the subject of Adam and Eve and evolution, though:

First, I believe God created (organized) all things. He holds all power and all wisdom. 
Second, science is another witness of God's existance and power. I have no doubt about that.

The law of witnesses was established by God so we could have not only one, but multiple witnesses of the same truth.  In this perspective, religion is a witness and science is another witness of the creation. Then, creationism and evolutionism walk in the same direction. 

Now I should say something about Adam and Eve. Again, this is my opinion, based on personal beliefs and serious research and pondering, and it doesn't mean I'm totally right or can't change my mind on the matter. 

I believe that there were life and death before the Fall and that There were beings of all kinds walking on the face of the Earth, as suggests science. The "days" referred in the scriptural accounts of the Creation aren't actually days, as we already know. They were periods of time, maybe thousands or millions of years. I am ok with that.

Life came from God. They way He decided to ignitiate it can be known only by revelation. He, however, decided to give us a simple account of the beggining of life on this planet. There's truth in the accounts of Adam and Eve.

Now, here's what I want to highlight: pre-Adamites may have existed. Why not? Evolution is another term for progress. Pre-Adamites may have been less concerned about laws and, therefore, not capable of spiritual progress. As time passed by,  the Lord may have laid before his creations His laws and some acted and other were acted upon. The pre-Adamites may have taken a long journey before they actually got to the point that the Lord could finally say: We have formed man into our own likeness and image, meaning that now man could progress spiritually. That's what I believe: that the Lord formed man 'til man was able to recieve the law and act according to it, not by compulsion or instinct, but by agency and knowledge.

Now some may ask: what about life and death before the Fall? Pre-Adamites may not have had the understanding of life and death,as all the other animais and life forms do. The concept of life and death and the concept of time only came to be after the Fall od Adam and Eve. The Eden was a specific place on Earth and the Garden of Eden was inside of it. When Adam and Eve were taken into the Garden, there they experienced life in abundance, for they were in the presence of their Creator, their life giver. When a choice was given to them, to stay or to leave the Garden, Adam and Eve were intelligent enough to decide for themselves and learn from their own experience the difference between good and evil. Then and only then life and death made some sense to them, but not before. 

Let us remember that Adam is accountable only for his own transgression and sins. Death before and after the Fall won't be of his doing. The power of redemption from death is in Christ even before the creation of all things and is free for all forms of life, the smallests and the greatests. 

Ed

Edited by Edspringer

Science left eye.  Religion right eye.

Look through one eye alone and you believe you're seeing the whole picture.  In fact, you are.  But there are nuances that are missed.  Concepts and understandings that are not perceived.

We need both eyes to get depth perception.  We need both eyes to truly appreciate dimension.  Both eyes are required for greater understanding.

The problem in life is that we tend to look through only one eye at a time.  And those eyes are both through colored glasses.  Or, if you prefer, dark glasses. (heh heh).  Seeing through only one eye at a time does give you a lot of information.  But it is only when looking through both eyes that we get the nuances and the dimensions.  It is only with both eyes that we really understand light and shadow, ridges, and imperfections.

But currently our understanding of both science and religion are so basic that we are unable to put the pictures together in a cohesive vision.  The blind leading the blind.  And we take it upon ourselves to believe that we are knowledgeable enough to believe that we're the ones who actually "get it."

Humans.  Mortals.  Blind men wearing their sunglasses at night.

Edited by Guest