Family Connectivity

8 minutes ago, zil said:

So, for example, the brother of your great-great-great grandfather is visible to the relative but not to you?

My parents are visible.  My wife is visible.  My children are visible.  That's all.

My wife has genealogy for five generations or more depending on the branch.  My parents have five or more as well.  But none of that shows up on my tree.

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

My parents are visible.  My wife is visible.  My children are visible.  That's all.

My wife has genealogy for five generations or more depending on the branch.  My parents have five or more as well.  But none of that shows up on my tree.

If your grandparents are not visible on your tree, something is wrong (IMO).  Is your Family Search account tied into your church membership?  (Or are you using your lds.org login to sign in?)  If not, that's probably the problem.  (Click your name in the upper right corner, choose Settings; on the Account page, you should see your membership number - make sure it's correct.)  If that's not it, I think I'd contact their help folk to see if they have ideas.

• 3 months later...

I work for FamilySearch. You need to add parents' parents, who will hopefully already be on the Tree. If they are, they'll probably already be connected to a large family tree of ancestors.

If you email me at ritcheymt aaat familysearch.org, I can send you a Helper invite, become your Helper on the Tree just as your local Family History Consultant would, and help you work this out in a matter of minutes. Otherwise, I'd recommend you reach out to your ward Temple and Family History Consultant, who is called to help with this. Your High Priest Group Leader is also called to help with this.

I love helping folks with this stuff, though, so I'd be happy to help you. 

- Mike

This is a bit of an old thread.  

I've spoken with my family history consultant.  She just disconnected and reconnected my mom.  And BOOM!  Her entire tree appeared on my tree.  Problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, Michael Ritchey said:

I work for FamilySearch. You need to add parents' parents, who will hopefully already be on the Tree. If they are, they'll probably already be connected to a large family tree of ancestors.

If you email me at ritcheymt aaat familysearch.org, I can send you a Helper invite, become your Helper on the Tree just as your local Family History Consultant would, and help you work this out in a matter of minutes. Otherwise, I'd recommend you reach out to your ward Temple and Family History Consultant, who is called to help with this. Your High Priest Group Leader is also called to help with this.

I love helping folks with this stuff, though, so I'd be happy to help you. 

- Mike

Hi Mike, Do you have any tips on how to quickly process hundreds of endowments? My ward is desperate. We are almost all converts and we have hundreds of endowments to do per person. Sometimes we try to release names but it can take 3 years to get especially a man done and names seem to get lost. I don’t suppose there is some hack that would help? Could we sweat talk some temple somewhere do a ton of endowments for us? Drowning in dead people here!