Fountain pen frenzy thread

NeuroTypical

8 minutes ago, zil said:

Nice.  The light glare (almost impossible to photograph a painting without it!) makes it a little hard to make out some bits.  What's the green thing behind the ink jar - looks sort of like a leaf?

I think it's pages, which I guess are a sort of leaf.

24 minutes ago, zil said:

Nice.  The light glare (almost impossible to photograph a painting without it!) makes it a little hard to make out some bits.  What's the green thing behind the ink jar - looks sort of like a leaf?

Is that oil?  Looks like oil.

Pendragon2.thumb.jpg.3e7d724d82978a9ce7a2da933107e8e2.jpg

Those were wings -- of a dragon.  A-hem, a PEN dragon.  Get it?

1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

Those were wings -- of a dragon.  A-hem, a PEN dragon.  Get it?

Yes!  That's much more like what I see (it just seemed too absurd to suggest it - and I love the fact that she thinks of and paints the absurd - tell her not to stop!).

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yay this thread!  I've been trying to decide lately - getting back into fountain pennery, or learning the ukulele.

Fountain pennery for the win!

Just got a FPR Himalaya V2 ultraflex nib!  But my son wanted it so it’s headed to the MTC.  My other son just swiped the Moonman pen above....

Can’t keep my pens around here.

I can’t decide where this post should go then I remembered I have this awesome pic of his service pens - all different nibs from extra fine to ultra flex so I decided to make @zil drool if she ever comes by.

Anyway.... off he goes.  Flying over the ocean.  Headed first to Seoul then to Manila.  I asked him about the corona virus and he laughed.  He said one of his MTC instructors got dengue and chicken pox on her Philippine mission and, not only did she not die, she managed to finish all 18 months.

He was quite excited to tell me he managed to put everything in his 80L backpack and got the bonus point of hitting exactly the 50-lb airline limit. Haha.

72D02B4F-15D5-4DFA-B2C9-0BBC3C7BE8FC.thumb.jpeg.e410d65c9ca852d86e760f27189f71ef.jpeg

3636CAC3-9E15-49B5-93B9-193BCB9CB478.thumb.jpeg.38b3f1fdd3f846b1bd905035486349d2.jpeg

Edited by anatess2

Guest LiterateParakeet

@anatess2 I love your Moonman, or is it your son's Moonman? I notice he has two Lamy's also, good taste!   I carry several pens with different nib sizes for different things too!

I got the Dengue on my mission in Venezuela...I could hardly get out of bed for two weeks, but I survived and did the whole 18 months.  My son went to Ghana and got Malaria twice. Missionaries bounce back well.  :)  

Edited by LiterateParakeet

30 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

@anatess2 I love your Moonman, or is it your son's Moonman? I notice he has two Lamy's also, good taste!   I carry several pens with different nib sizes for different things too!

I got the Dengue on my mission in Venezuela...I could hardly get out of bed for two weeks, but I survived and did the whole 18 months.  My son went to Ghana and got Malaria twice. Missionaries bounce back well.  :)  

Well, both my sons now have their own Moonmans while I await for mine.  It’s delayed by the corona virus.