Fountain pen frenzy thread

NeuroTypical

Guest LiterateParakeet

@NeuroTypical, I know what you mean.  There is something about writing with a fountain pen that makes anything from writing a letter to a grocery list cooler some how.  I mean that in the best way.  Using fountain pens makes me want to write so I find I journal more, and take more notes at church, and write little thank you notes more often.  The power of the pen!   :)  

Guest LiterateParakeet
On 12/29/2017 at 7:18 AM, zil said:

Watch the videos - as many and as many times as needed. . . .

Let me know if you have questions - I've done lots of this.

Thanks so much Zil.  Great information as always.  I look forward to this new step into the fountain pen abyss!  

Wait LP - is Zil out trying to addict you too?  She's trying to build an empire.  I hear she's going to call us ZZAOFF - Zil's Zealous Army of Fountain-pen Followers. 

Finished letter to daughter #2 yesterday.  I expect rolled eyes and changed subjects - betting heavily on those "At the time I pretended to hate it, but 20 years later my dad's letters mean the whole world to me" stories I keep hearing.

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Wait LP - is Zil out trying to addict you too?  She's trying to build an empire.  I hear she's going to call us ZZAOFF - Zil's Zealous Army of Fountain-pen Followers. 

She's with the NSA, I tell ya.  The NSA!!!

Guest LiterateParakeet
4 hours ago, zil said:

A few others have received gifts and dabbled a bit, but LP dove in head first. :lol:

It's true, I'm well and truly addicted. :)    @NeuroTypical  it's too late for me...save yourselves!!!  

Edited by LiterateParakeet

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

GAH!  Zil, what have you done to me?  I was sorely beset by a sudden desire to practice my penmanship during sacrament meeting.  This is not normal!

What do you mean it's not normal?  That sounds perfectly normal to me.  Here are my notes from today's Sacrament meeting:

snotes.thumb.jpg.b1d7a190d78d39ed4b6258d59fb9f52d.jpg

Waterman Laureat, fine nib, Robert Oster Midnight Sapphire. :D

Guest LiterateParakeet
38 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

GAH!  Zil, what have you done to me?  I was sorely beset by a sudden desire to practice my penmanship during sacrament meeting.  This is not normal!

image.png.9bb8f9dbc4c550c93e15f1bd035b52c6.png

Lol! I love it!!! That happens to  me too! I started learning "sketch noting" as an excuse to write with my pens!

1515975162558-1104591253.jpg

Edited by LiterateParakeet

1 hour ago, zil said:

What do you mean it's not normal?  That sounds perfectly normal to me.  Here are my notes from today's Sacrament meeting:

snotes.thumb.jpg.b1d7a190d78d39ed4b6258d59fb9f52d.jpg

Waterman Laureat, fine nib, Robert Oster Midnight Sapphire. :D

I have a feeling you and John Nash would get along just fine.

35 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I have a feeling you and John Nash would get along just fine.

Pretty sure he'd think me a blithering idiot.  It's not like it makes sense, per se, just some words that stood out during the talks, scribbled in pseudo-random places on the page, cramming them in when I started to run out of room, doodling when I didn't hear new words long enough...