Training Materials or support for new curriculum guidelines?

Keylimesoda

So, starting in 2018, there's no manual for priesthood and relief society instruction.

Instead, we've been asked to move to a format where the 1st week is a "council" discussion among class members, 2nd and 3rd are chosen by local leaders, and 4th Sunday is church wide discussion topic.

I'm looking for any kind of training or examples on how to manage specifically those 1st week councils. 

The first week councils should be done by the Group and Quorum leaderships who have been setting on various council and therefore should have some experience on what they look like.

A simple search on LDS.org for Holding Councils brings up the following https://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=holding+councils

For you to read.

If you  are more of a video person this search will get you various church videos on the subject https://www.lds.org/search?lang=eng&query=council+videos

Welcome, @Keylimesoda!

I'm a RS president.  I conducted a practice council for our 1st Sunday lesson in November - after introducing the changes we were expecting in 2018 for Sunday meetings, VTing, and the General Conference Priesthood and Women's meeting schedules.  I used that council for practice / training, and to get ideas of what the sisters were most concerned about.  Also, we moved the chairs into a circle just so I could see how that would work logistically and how the sisters would react to it.  (We moved them back after the closing prayer - I didn't want to lose the Spirit and feel of that council until after the prayer.)

Everyone reacted very well, and it was a very positive experience (but that's in my ward, others may be different).  It may have helped that I had already primed them (so to speak) for changes and the discomfort which comes with changes, and that we may not like moving the chairs, but we were gonna try it and see, and help those who needed it (e.g. we have a woman with an adult son in a wheelchair and women with infants and all their accessories, so I invited sisters to help them as we made a circle).

Our stake also had a training session devoted to these changes.  If you have specific questions, please ask - there are folks here who can help. :)

Thank you everyone! Glad to find this place. 

I'm a Sunday school president for my ward and have been asked train leadership and give a 5th Sunday lesson on the changes this week.

I'd been studying the come follow me website as well as teaching in the saviors way manual. I loved Elder Holland's training video on teacher councils and was eager to see if there were similar materials available.

Thank you very much for the examples, @zil