What should someone search when looking for a wife?

SMARTchaser

5 hours ago, JohnsonJones said:

You have received some good advice in this thread.  There have been two different questions and I'll give my slant on them.

1.  On finding a wife.

I was VERY LUCKY.

You know what LUCK means - Preparation meets Opportunity.  To be VERY lucky means - you were VERY prepared.  ;)

On 12/30/2017 at 9:36 AM, SMARTchaser said:

So, i'm 18 Years old, i wanted to know what's important to consider someone for marriage. I am really confused, you know that the heart will fall in love with anyone that looks pretty enough, and that's something bad. In the midst of these " pretty enough" which one should I choose, what qualities should I look for?

I am late to this party and haven't fully read through the responses.

Personally, I think any righteous Mormon man and any righteous Mormon woman can make it work and find much happiness in this life and eternity, so long as they remain committed to each other and the Lord.  Anyone who says they have "fallen out of love" with their spouse doesn't understand what love is all about.  Love is a verb, meaning to commit and serve, and you can ultimately choose whether you love someone or not.

So, when the time comes, make sure she is righteous LDS, and just marry a really good friend of the opposite sex.  It is true some people have more compatible personalities than others and it helps to get along (although if you don't get along but you are both committed to the marriage and the Lord, you can learn to love each other with some effort).  You should also pray about it, and listen if the Lord warns you away (maybe the person is inwardly wicked, e.g., abusive and controlling, suffering from addictions, or inclined towards adultery).  However, I think a lot of maritial success has less to do with who you marry and more to do with your commitment to the Lord and one another.

Edited by DoctorLemon