18 hours ago, dadveale said:

should wife take tithing out of husband wage to page tithing for her self  if she is not working 

This should be decided between the husband and wife, preferably prayerfully. I'm guessing that in your scenario, the wife is a member and the husband is not (or is not active, or does not wish to pay tithing)?  Once the couple have agreed, the wife can explain the agreement to the bishop.

In most families I know of, the income of the couple is treated as theirs, not as only the wage-earmer's, though I know there are different attitudes here.

Regardless of anything else, the tithe is 10% of the money, not 10% per person who benefits from that money (just in case there was any confusion about that).

Edited by zil

6 hours ago, dadveale said:

the husbands are members 

Could you maybe give us some details instead of partial sentences?  Alternately, just send everyone to see their bishops.  Their bishops hold the keys in this scenario and can instruct them in the law of tithing and how it's obeyed.  The law of the tithe can be found in scripture and is perfectly clear.

On 1/7/2018 at 3:05 AM, dadveale said:

should wife take tithing out of husband wage to page tithing for her self  if she is not working 

6 hours ago, dadveale said:

the husbands are members 

Are they inactive or something?  I don't understand why the husband and wife aren't paying tithing as a unit -- you know "being one" and all that.

• 4 weeks later...

Like others said you should talk with your husband. 

But there are other ways you can tithe.

If I remember my church history correctly early members of the church in Kirtland and Navuoo helped with temple work once every ten days.  

Likewise, perhaps you could assist with service projects or provide rides to your stake assigned missionaries or find a calling if you don’t have one already. 

You would then be tithing your time and abilities which are of infinite value. 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, warnerfranklin said:

Like others said you should talk with your husband. 

But there are other ways you can tithe.

If I remember my church history correctly early members of the church in Kirtland and Navuoo helped with temple work once every ten days.  

Likewise, perhaps you could assist with service projects or provide rides to your stake assigned missionaries or find a calling if you don’t have one already. 

You would then be tithing your time and abilities which are of infinite value. 

Great ideas my friend. Welcome to the forums, by the way!