Is there a heavenly.....?

askandanswer

2 hours ago, askandanswer said:

I've read a lot of stuff indicating that there is a Son of God. I've even heard some hints that there is a heavenly mother. But I've never heard or read or seen any hint that there might be a heavenly daughter. Have you?

Of course there is. Sons too. That’s us.

5 hours ago, askandanswer said:

I've read a lot of stuff indicating that there is a Son of God. I've even heard some hints that there is a heavenly mother. But I've never heard or read or seen any hint that there might be a heavenly daughter. Have you?

Yes – In the hymn “O My Father”.  This hymn has significant spiritual meaning and has been sung at some temple dedications. 

Sorry – I read the OP incorrectly.   One thought – the term covenant in scripture is often expressed as a “son” or “daughter” of the law giver and/or proctor of the law in the covenant.  We see such things as sons and daughters of G-d, sons and daughters of Adam and Eve (sometimes expressed as sons of Adam and daughters of Eve).  Also, the sons of Zadok or sons or Melchizedek.  Because we are fallen we have only one mediator that is the covenant heir to the Suzerain of the “Kingdom” of heaven.  If there was a “daughter” of the Suzerain that did not fall with us then we could not have a legal relationship because of our status (having just the one mediator).  So for all that have fallen the title of daughter to the Suzerain could not exist nor have meaning to us.   Likewise nor does "Mother".  Which may explain why there are no direct revelations (other than reasonable thinking) concerning her relationship to us.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

Guest LiterateParakeet
22 hours ago, askandanswer said:

We definitely have a Heavenly Mother.

Christ is the "Son of God" -capital S- because He was literally the son of God.  Because of he had a human mother, he had the ability to die, but because God was his father, he also had the power not to die.  His death on the cross was voluntary to save us.  

Now "son of God" with a -lowercase s- could refer to you, or any males because you are all sons of God and daughter of God (lowercase d) applies to all of us females. We are the heavenly daughters.

But no, there is no Daughter of God (capital D) in the same way that Christ is the Son of God.  

Hope that helps. :)  

Edited by LiterateParakeet

On 1/7/2018 at 4:43 AM, askandanswer said:

I am confused by this question, and its purpose. Jesus is the Son. We have prophetic statements regarding Heavenly mother, and we know there is definitely heavenly daughters (if you are married, and are male, you married a heavenly daughter).

We don't call Jesus -- Heavenly Son or heavenly Son. What more is there to your question?

I think that all that any of us can say on this question with any degree of confidence is " we don't know." I can't recall ever hearing or seeing or reading anything from a church authority on this question, neither a yes, no or a maybe. It' may be of interest to note that Christ is often referred to as the Only Begotten Son of God, even though His gender is obvious, and doesn't need stating, rather than the Only Begotten Child of God. 

Edited by askandanswer

5 minutes ago, askandanswer said:
6 minutes ago, Anddenex said:

Jesus is the Son. What more is there to your question?

I was just thinking of the possibility that because there is a Son that creates the possibility that there could be a Daughter. Does He who commanded us to go forth and multiply only have one Child?

Edited by askandanswer

43 minutes ago, askandanswer said:

I was just thinking of the possibility that because there is a Son that creates the possibility that there could be a Daughter. Does He who commanded us to go forth and multiply only have one Child?

What would her role be? Jesus is the literal Son and symbolic Bridegroom; the Church is the symbolic daughter and bride.

The role of the Son in the plan of salvation is to enable us to be spiritually reborn in this mortal life, which requires only His Priesthood as High Priest (JST, Hebrews 7:3, "...which order was without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life. And all those who are ordained unto this priesthood [whcih i consider to be those sealed in eternal marriage] are made like unto the Son of God, abiding a priest continually.").

The role of Adam and Eve in the plan of salvation is to enable us to be born and have children in mortality, and through Christ, a continuation of the seeds in exaltation.