Personality Test

clbent04

This is a good personality test I'm inviting everyone to take and post their results here, especially @Vort , @Carborendum , @zil , @person0 , @Grunt , @MormonGator , @Sunday21 , @SilentOne , @pam , @Blossom76 , @anatess2 , @Anddenex , @DoctorLemon , @Midwest LDS and @Rob Osborn . A post just for fun comparison if you want to participate.  If you want to see anyone else's results, invite them too!

Test is free, pulls up immediately without needing to sign up for anything, takes about 15 minutes.

https://www.16personalities.com/

Edited by clbent04

14 minutes ago, clbent04 said:

This is a good personality test I'm inviting everyone to take and post their results here, especially @Vort , @Carborendum , @zil , @person0 , @Grunt , @MormonGator , @Sunday21 , @SilentOne , @pam , @Blossom76 , @anatess2 , @Anddenex , @DoctorLemon , @Midwest LDS and @Rob Osborn . A post just for fun comparison if you want to participate.  If you want to see anyone else's results, invite them too!

Test is free, pulls up immediately without needing to sign up for anything, takes about 15 minutes.

https://www.16personalities.com/

I already posted in another thread that I took this personality test, and multiple people posted theirs as well if I recall correctly.

I am ENTP ('Debater').

People who are considered Extraverts (E) in our model are not as sensitive to outer stimuli and need to seek them out in order to gain a kind of functional equilibrium and to perform well. Introverts (I), on the other hand, are more sensitive and need to escape the same stimuli in order to be more functional. Unlike Extraverts, Introverts can quickly exhaust their mental energy reserves, and they will only tolerate such situations so long before they yearn for solitude and quiet.

People with the Thinking (T) trait seek logic and rational arguments, relying on their head rather than their heart.

In contrast, people with the Feeling (F) trait follow their hearts and emotions and care little about hiding them.

Individuals with the Intuitive trait prefer to rely on their imagination, ideas and possibilities. 

In contrast, individuals with the Observant trait focus on the actual world and things happening around them.

Assertive (-A) individuals are self-assured, even-tempered and resistant to stress.

In contrast, individuals with Turbulent (-T) identity are self-conscious and sensitive to stress. 

People with the Judging (J) trait do not like to keep their options open – they would rather come up with five different contingency plans than just go ahead and deal with the challenges as they come.

In contrast, Prospecting (P) individuals are much more flexible and relaxed when it comes to dealing with both expected and unexpected challenges.

I've decided to take the test at least three times over the course of at least three weeks and will let you know my results. Not the exact results, because I didn't write down my exact scores for the first test, but whether it's pretty consistent and my approximate score range.

9 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

I've decided to take the test at least three times over the course of at least three weeks and will let you know my results. Not the exact results, because I didn't write down my exact scores for the first test, but whether it's pretty consistent and my approximate score range.

This is the Myer-Briggs. A good teaching tool but not reliable (If you keep taking the test, you should get different answers).

14 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Hooray - I'm "Cannot connect to our server - try again later."  !!!

Did someone try to post?  I get this big blank post from some type of girly animal.

Most of my scores were at 51%.  That could go to 49% on any given day.  But statistically 85% is a resounding number.  So, when I'm above 85% as an extrovert, then I guess that one's accurate.  But I'm pretty balanced in all other categories.

So, today I qualified as "Commander."  Other extroverted categories are:

1. Debater (Moi?  Maaayyyybeeee.)
  2. Protagonist (Public speaking is where it's at.)
  3. Campaigner (I can be, but not normally.)
  4. Executive (duh)
  5. Consul (I'd like to be.  I'm not good at it.)
  6. Entrepreneur (yep)
  7. Entertainer (yep)

Yes, sounds like a horoscope to me.

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

... some type of girly animal.

Yeah, I got one right here.  Why don't you come on over and knock her off my shoulder?  Maybe bring some of your friends.  I may go down, but I guarantee at least three of you will be taking a trip to the ER.  THAT WHAT YOU WANT BUDDY?!!!?  HUH?

(Sorry, I'm not used to smack talkin' - am I doing it right? :P)
(And if so, does it impact my Meyers/Briggs score?)

Edited by NeuroTypical

OK, so I just read through all the introvert personality types and I found I'm those as well.  How's that when I'm so extremely extroverted?

1. Architect: Imaginative and strategic thinkers, with a plan for everything. (Yup)
  2. Logician: Innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. (Yup)
  3. Advocate: Quiet and mystical, yet very inspiring and tireless idealists. (Hmmm...  Ok, less often).
  4. Mediator: Poetic, kind and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause. (Somewhat)
  5. LOGISTICIAN: Practical and fact-minded individuals, whose reliability cannot be doubted. (Yup)
  6. Defender: Very dedicated and warm protectors, always ready to defend their loved ones. (Yup.  I've got my Ruger, Browning, wakizashi, and combat toothpick to prove it).
  7. Virtuoso: Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools. (Uhhh.  Yah-uh.  But apparently, I can't use a fountain pen.)
  8. Adventurer: Flexible and charming artists, always ready to explore and experience something new. (To a "T").

I don't think it's reasonable to categorize individuals like this since we all tend to change depending on the day or our moods.  But it may be helpful to consider how to deal with someone who is behaving in a certain way "at the moment."

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

OK, so I just read through all the introvert personality types and I found I'm those as well.  How's that when I'm so extremely extroverted?

1. Architect: Imaginative and strategic thinkers, with a plan for everything. (Yup)
  2. Logician: Innovative inventors with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. (Yup)
  3. Advocate: Quiet and mystical, yet very inspiring and tireless idealists. (Hmmm...  Ok, less often).
  4. Mediator: Poetic, kind and altruistic people, always eager to help a good cause. (Somewhat)
  5. LOGISTICIAN: Practical and fact-minded individuals, whose reliability cannot be doubted. (Yup)
  6. Defender: Very dedicated and warm protectors, always ready to defend their loved ones. (Yup.  I've got my Ruger, Browning, wakizashi, and combat toothpick to prove it).
  7. Virtuoso: Bold and practical experimenters, masters of all kinds of tools. (Uhhh.  Yah-uh.  But apparently, I can't use a fountain pen.)
  8. Adventurer: Flexible and charming artists, always ready to explore and experience something new. (To a "T").

I don't think it's reasonable to categorize individuals like this since we all tend to change depending on the day or our moods.  But it may be helpful to consider how to deal with someone who is behaving in a certain way "at the moment."

The one thing I'm confident is correct is that they say less than 2% of the population think like me, and less than .8% of females think like me.  This supports my theory that I'm an alien who somehow got stranded on the wrong planet.

Just now, zil said:

The one thing I'm confident is correct is that they say less than 2% of the population think like me, and less than .8% of females think like me.  This supports my theory that I'm an alien who somehow got stranded on the wrong planet.

Ah. INTJ. Welcome.