Personality Test

clbent04

1 hour ago, Grunt said:

FT Knox.  I’m staying in Elizabethtown.  I’m looking at visiting the Louisville Temple tomorrow before my flight out, maybe.  

Have you got your temporary recommend yet?  It's awesome to get to be baptized and confirmed in the temple as a proxy!  It's a whole 'nother experience.

Edited by anatess2

1 hour ago, Grunt said:

FT Knox.  I’m staying in Elizabethtown.  I’m looking at visiting the Louisville Temple tomorrow before my flight out, maybe.

Well, I'm not sure what time you fly out, but if you decide to stop by the Temple, and you're comfortable with it, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you for a few minutes. :)

20 minutes ago, person0 said:

Well, I'm not sure what time you fly out, but if you decide to stop by the Temple, and you're comfortable with it, let me know and I'll try to meet up with you for a few minutes. :)

Sure.  Right now I’m flying out in the afternoon.  I may try to change it earlier.  

11 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Tat-tada... Louisville.  That's their ward.

Well there are 6 Wards in Louisville, they are called by the following names:
Louisville 1st Ward
Louisville 2nd Ward
Louisville 3rd Ward
Louisville 4th Ward
Louisville 5th Branch
Louisville 6th Ward

I hear they had to hire a professional to come up with the names :D

1 minute ago, Grunt said:

I thought you had to wait a year for temple?

You have to wait a year to do your own work.  You don't have to wait a year to be proxy for work you already received - baptism and confirmation.  It's called a temporary recommend (valid only for baptisms and confirmations).  Talk to your bishop about it so next time you visit a temple you can enter!

46 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You have to wait a year to do your own work.  You don't have to wait a year to be proxy for work you already received - baptism and confirmation.  It's called a temporary recommend (valid only for baptisms and confirmations).  Talk to your bishop about it so next time you visit a temple you can enter!

It's called a "limited use recommend."

53 minutes ago, person0 said:

Louisville 1st Ward
Louisville 2nd Ward
Louisville 3rd Ward
Louisville 4th Ward
Louisville 5th Branch
Louisville 6th Ward

Hah hah!  No, I didn't know there were numbers behind it.  I'll pick 1st.  That sounds good enough.  :D

1 hour ago, person0 said:

Louisville 1st Ward
Louisville 2nd Ward
Louisville 3rd Ward
Louisville 4th Ward
Louisville 5th Branch
Louisville 6th Ward

My son's first mission area was in the Shawnee Branch in Shively. He spent most of the rest of his mission in southern Indiana.

4 minutes ago, Vort said:

Louisville wards?

Yes,  with the recent Stake Conference they joined all Louisville wards and branches into just 1 stake (instead of 3) and they created a new Elizabethtown Stake.  So the boundaries of the Louisville Stake incorporate the entire city, and outside the city belongs to other stakes.

Edited by person0

1 hour ago, person0 said:

Yes,  with the recent Stake Conference they joined all Louisville wards and branches into just 1 stake (instead of 3) and they created a new Elizabethtown Stake.  So the boundaries of the Louisville Stake incorporate the entire city, and outside the city belongs to other stakes.

Louisville 1-6 in Louisville Stake :lol:

Edited by anatess2

7 hours ago, Vort said:

My son's first mission area was in the Shawnee Branch in Shively. He spent most of the rest of his mission in southern Indiana.

@Vort how old are you if you don’t mind me asking? I always thought you were in your 30’s for some reason. And who is that a picture of in your profile pic?

1 hour ago, clbent04 said:

@Vort how old are you if you don’t mind me asking? I always thought you were in your 30’s for some reason. And who is that a picture of in your profile pic?

55. And my avatar is some Icelandic chick with big eyes.

4 hours ago, Vort said:

55. And my avatar is some Icelandic chick with big eyes.

Haha, come on, who really is in your avatar pic? That has to be someone you know, right? Or did you just find a random pic on google? 

I’ve always wondered about your avatar selection. The first week I joined this site, I thought that was you! Then I thought, ok, now knowing Vort is a dude, is this his wife? Girlfriend? Old fling? But now knowing you have a son that served a mission, and assuming you’re married, I ruled out the girlfriend and old fling supposition. Which leaves me scratching my head.

You seem too well thought out to just have your avatar as a random pic of some Icelandic chick with big eyes unrelated to you. You always have deep, profound meaning. What is the meaning of the avatar? lol

Edited by clbent04

6 hours ago, clbent04 said:

Haha, come on, who really is in your avatar pic? That has to be someone you know, right? Or did you just find a random pic on google? 

I’ve always wondered about your avatar selection. The first week I joined this site, I thought that was you! Then I thought, ok, now knowing Vort is a dude, is this his wife? Girlfriend? Old fling? But now knowing you have a son that served a mission, and assuming you’re married, I ruled out the girlfriend and old fling supposition. Which leaves me scratching my head.

You seem too well thought out to just have your avatar as a random pic of some Icelandic chick with big eyes unrelated to you. You always have deep, profound meaning. What is the meaning of the avatar? lol

@Vort's sense of humor is very dry.  And kind of icy.  Like dry ice.  From Iceland.

Meanwhile, if he changed his avatar, none of us would know who we were talking to.  Wait...

14 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Louisville 1-6 in Louisville Stake :lol:

Actually, LOTS of stakes are like this.  I grew up in a stake named after the city I was in.  All the wards, including the Spanish ward, were all simply given a number.

I'm currently in a stake where a couple of the wards have names, the rest have numbers.  This is because of changing stake boundaries with mostly intact wards moving between.