Where do you get your news?

Sunday21

Where do you get your news.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch news on tv/internet?

• Political comedy show eg Seth Meyers/Oliver etc? Let us know which one.
    • Regular news show eg NBC, FOX. Let us know which one.
  2. 2. Do you read a newspaper?

• Physical paper neswpaper. Let us know which one.
    • On line newspaper. Let us know which one.
  3. 3. Do you get your news from Social Media eg Facebook?

• Always
    • Most of the time
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never

23 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You're too fast.

It's better I think to expand this to all social media sites and not just Facebook the same way you had the first options  - TV/Internet, specify which ones...

I don't do news from Facebook at all (I rarely check FB).  I sometimes get news from Reddit or /pol/.  And, of course, I get the POTUS tweets.

Done!

I get my news from all over the place. We get the local paper at work which I'll peak at from time to time, and the radio is always on at work so I hear snippets here and there. When I actively turn on the news I am most likely to go through Newsy, and sometimes I'll check in with Fox or The Rebel Media.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t usually watch cable news shows. I watch the cable commentary shows about one hour per day. 

My newspaper is the Wall Street Journal which I download daily onto my iPad. It’s not free. 

I frankly don’t know how to get news from Facebook, although supposedly some big percentage of the population does this. 

27 minutes ago, mrmarklin said:

I don’t usually watch cable news shows. I watch the cable commentary shows about one hour per day. 

My newspaper is the Wall Street Journal which I download daily onto my iPad. It’s not free. 

I frankly don’t know how to get news from Facebook, although supposedly some big percentage of the population does this. 

A friend at BYU took a business class (this was back in the '80s) in which his teacher constantly told the students to read the Wall Street Journal. We used to laugh at that a lot. Then I actually read the WSJ, and found out that his professor was right. The WSJ is easily the best newspaper in the US, vastly outclassing the badly overrated NYT both in writing professionality and in unbiased reporting. I do not read any newspapers regularly -- I live near Seattle, and the Seattle Times is barely fit for birdcage lining -- but if I did subscribe to a newspaper, it would be the WSJ.

13 hours ago, Vort said:

A friend at BYU took a business class (this was back in the '80s) in which his teacher constantly told the students to read the Wall Street Journal. We used to laugh at that a lot. Then I actually read the WSJ, and found out that his professor was right. The WSJ is easily the best newspaper in the US, vastly outclassing the badly overrated NYT both in writing professionality and in unbiased reporting. I do not read any newspapers regularly -- I live near Seattle, and the Seattle Times is barely fit for birdcage lining -- but if I did subscribe to a newspaper, it would be the WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/

Do you know that the first place I found the House Intel Committee FISA Memo and the Senate Judiciary Committee FISA memo is in.... tat-tada.... r/The_Donald.  I couldn't even find the unclassified Senate one in the committee's .gov website.  They haven't uploaded it yet.  And, of course, the MSM are trying to slow down that news.  Those guys at r/The_Donald got some major sources.  Okay, so people like Tom Fitton posts there before they go on the TV news circuit interviews...

Edited by anatess2