Like Gold

Jimmy Tucker

16 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

"no I don't think someone can be a good disciple  or follower of Christ and be in today's military "

"I'm not passing any judgement on staing my opinion"

So, how do I put this lightly.  Hey Jimmy - when you state that opinion, you are passing judgment.  That's what passing judgment looks like.   On top of that, your judgment is unrighteous because you're opining about the worthiness of your fellow man, their standing as disciple, their acceptability as a Christian.  That is judgment reserved for the Lord, and we sin when we take it on ourselves to do so.   I would like to suggest that you read this.  It might help.  

“Judge Not” and Judging By Elder Dallin H. Oaks Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

You don't have to put anything lightly.. If it's coming off as passing judgement and I see your point.. Then I'm not using the right words to convey my thought.. The opinion im giving which is mine I've formed from reading the Bible.. The gospels.  pondering things within and coming to know as best I can without meeting him personally Jesus Christ.. 

So I believe when i give that opinion im giving his.. Which is in line with what you said.. Judgement is for God only.. And I've said in previous comments im in no position to judge anyone.. I'm a sinner. I'm a drug addict.. I'm a fornicator.. I'm below probably everyone in this website.. I go to church on Sunday but Saturday night is a different story.. So I am living hypocrisy and so feel qualified to comment on it.. If that seems like  I'm judging then im sorry 

But mankind judges.. We have too every day don't we.. We actually have people called Judges.... If someone approaches me and says could you give me a ride to the bus stop I don't just say yes.. I have to  look at that person and decide if they're a threat.. Dangerous or not before I let them in my car.. I have to judge them right? You judge people all the time you just aren't aware of it because we do it so often. I'm curious are there any Mormon Judges and would you say the same things to them you have said to me? 

51 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

"no I don't think someone can be a good disciple  or follower of Christ and be in today's military "

"I'm not passing any judgement on staing my opinion"

So, how do I put this lightly.  Hey Jimmy - when you state that opinion, you are passing judgment.  That's what passing judgment looks like.   On top of that, your judgment is unrighteous because you're opining about the worthiness of your fellow man, their standing as disciple, their acceptability as a Christian.  That is judgment reserved for the Lord, and we sin when we take it on ourselves to do so.   I would like to suggest that you read this.  It might help.  

“Judge Not” and Judging By Elder Dallin H. Oaks Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

Does the Mormon church excommunicate people? Or maybe not allow ones who have done somethi ungodly move up the ranks of the priesthood? For example would a known devil worshipper be allowed to do the sacrament? Because if they're not then that's passing judgement.. See my point? We have to make a call on people we encounter daily based off our knowledge of God and his opinions and his opinions must become ours.  maybe that will help you. 

Again Jimmy, let me strongly suggest you click that link, and read that article by Elder Oaks.  It addresses everything you're bringing up.  We're supposed to judge in some situations, and not judge in others.  And when you judge the worthiness of someone in God's eyes, well...

Look, just click the link and read the article, mmmmkay?

Edited by NeuroTypical

On 2018-02-03 at 4:27 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Again Jimmy, let me strongly suggest you click that link, and read that article by Elder Oaks.  It addresses everything you're bringing up.  We're supposed to judge in some situations, and not judge in others.  And when you judge the worthiness of someone in God's eyes, well...

Thank you for posting this article!

On 2/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, Sunday21 said:

I will.. But you're asking me to read an article written by a man to persuade perhaps my opinion on what I've found in Gods word.. Also written by man i get that.. But i mean were adding amendments now? If this article which im assuming is rather current has such profound things to say about judgement i would think i could find it in the Bible or the B. O. M. Right? Food for thought but i will read it.. If i  can find it again this forum layout is like no other I've seen very confusing... Which has turned out to be an appropriate indicator to whats inside meaning doctrine etc.. 

Edited by Jimmy Tucker
Spelling

To get back to my original subject.. The missionary that transferred in has turned out to be some of the things that were said to me by some of you.. Some great insight by you all and i thank you.. Sometimes someone new does present things in a different way.. Helping you see a different angle.. It still sucks i can't talk to last one but i get some of the reasons and some i still don't but I'm a man trying to make sense of Godly things and that's probabjy not going to give results lol. 

On 2/3/2018 at 1:27 PM, NeuroTypical said:

Did you just go Mr. Hanky on me? Hahahah mmmmkay

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Tucker said:

Im a good emoji translator but idk what that one means 

Oh you must be asking because Scottish are very smart.. They invented the telephone.. Golf ( regular not miniature). Invisible tape and even have a liquor named after them. ? you never hear anyone order a Chinese on the rocks do you... 

Edited by Jimmy Tucker

Guest Godless
On 2/2/2018 at 3:04 PM, Jimmy Tucker said:

Actually they do ask your religion when joining they put it on your dog tags 

I know she was referring to the Philippines, but I'll take a shot at this anyway. Yes, the US military asks your religion, but service members are under no obligation to disclose that information (though most do). And some people just have fun with it. I actually knew people who managed to get "Pastafarian" and "Jedi Master" printed on their dog tags.

Guest Godless
On 1/26/2018 at 1:43 PM, Jimmy Tucker said:

And how many on that special forces team were Mormon? 

One of the most pious Mormons I've ever met was an MI tag-along on the SEAL team that captured "Chemical Ali" in 2003. Dude saw stuff that I can't begin to imagine, and I did 3 tours myself. 

2 hours ago, Godless said:

I know she was referring to the Philippines, but I'll take a shot at this anyway. Yes, the US military asks your religion, but service members are under no obligation to disclose that information (though most do). And some people just have fun with it. I actually knew people who managed to get "Pastafarian" and "Jedi Master" printed on their dog tags.

Pastafarian.. Those are Italian Jamaican dudes with spaghetti dreadlocks 

On 2/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, Sunday21 said:

Ok well I'm kinda proud of myself for lack of a better word. ... There's alot of what i said in there that i came up with with no notice or study.. Pretty cool.. 

Ok first off i never damned anyone to hell or passed any kind of final judgement if i did please direct me to where i said it.  i said i didn't see how someone could in a sense lead a double life and be a good Christian as an opinion not fact formed from my understanding of Gods word.  

I loved the proofreader analogy.. And sometimes I'm guilty of that.. Singling out the negative only and i need to work on that. 

And if i am judging i believe I'm doing it with the light of the gospel.. I truly do.. You don't obviously but guess what that means.... Now you're judging my judging.. See? It talked about knowing all the facts before deciding.. An important factor and if you go back to my first response to your question i said... I don't know the gentleman so i can't really say... Right? You don't know me yet you've decided already on me haven't you.  if you really knew me you would know I'm not anything like the way you're trying to portray me but that's ok.. It happens like i said we judge daily sometimes we don't even know we did because it's so frequent. 

Let me simplify my point.. If Jesus were here today.. Would he be in the military? Yes or no? 

On 2/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, Jane_Doe said:

The Philippines is ~80% Catholic, the rest being Muslim, other Christian groups, or other.

I just posted in the learning about the Mormon church section of the forum.. I would appreciate your feedback if you have time. And appreciate your feedback on this topic here so far. 

On 1/29/2018 at 12:04 PM, anatess2 said:

You'll find a thumbs-up button on the lower-right hand of the post.  You can click on this thumbs-up button to "Like" the post or you can hover your mouse over it and it will show you other options - one of which is the "Haha" which is the second button from the left next to the "Thank" button (which looks like a trophy).

I went and "haha" your post so you can see what the haha button looks like (it should show at least 1 haha).

Thanks 

6 hours ago, Jimmy Tucker said:

Ok first off i never damned anyone to hell or passed any kind of final judgement if i did please direct me to where i said it. 

Again, here you go:  "no I don't think someone can be a good disciple  or follower of Christ and be in today's military "

This is you, taking it upon yourself, to cast judgment about the discipleship of another.  It would be really cool if you'd stop doing that.  Because the job of casting judgment about a person's discipleship doesn't belong to you. 

You want to judge righteously?  Maybe say something like this: "I don't think I could be a good disciple or follower of Christ and be in today's military."

See the lack of unrighteous judgment?  See the appropriate judgment?  See the difference yet?

On 2/6/2018 at 7:37 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Again, here you go:  "no I don't think someone can be a good disciple  or follower of Christ and be in today's military "

This is you, taking it upon yourself, to cast judgment about the discipleship of another.  It would be really cool if you'd stop doing that.  Because the job of casting judgment about a person's discipleship doesn't belong to you. 

You want to judge righteously?  Maybe say something like this: "I don't think I could be a good disciple or follower of Christ and be in today's military."

See the lack of unrighteous judgment?  See the appropriate judgment?  See the difference yet?

Well yes and no.. Obviously if i feel that way I'm not excluding myself.. I said someone.. Again someone.. Now you're drawing from that and directing it at a specific person.  i can't be responsible for how you interpret my comment. That someone could be me.. And it is me.. It was an all inclusive comment i don't feel someone or Me or you could be in the rice patties gunning down north Koreans and be a worthy disciple of Christ. That's my judgement based of what i think Jesus would say if he were here right now. And youre avoiding my question.. If Jesus were here now would he join the military? Yes or no very simple question .. I look forward to your answer. 

On 2/6/2018 at 7:37 AM, NeuroTypical said:

So you're ok with the soldiers that slaughtered 76% of native Americans? And the Nazi soldiers that threw the Jews in gas chambers? They're were all military right? 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Tucker said:

Well yes and no.. Obviously if i feel that way I'm not excluding myself.. I said someone.. Again someone.. Now you're drawing from that and directing it at a specific person.  i can't be responsible for how you interpret my comment. That someone could be me.. And it is me.. It was an all inclusive comment i don't feel someone or Me or you could be in the rice patties gunning down north Koreans and be a worthy disciple of Christ. That's my judgement based of what i think Jesus would say if he were here right now. And youre avoiding my question.. If Jesus were here now would he join the military? Yes or no very simple question .. I look forward to your answer. 

Jimmy, you're missing @Neurotyical's point.  

It's 100% fine that you don't believe YOU can serve ethically in the the military.  That's fine.  What is overstepping bounds is saying you believe that NO ONE can serve ethically in the military.   In such statement you are imposing your judgement on everyone else. 

9 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Jimmy, you're missing @Neurotyical's point.  

It's 100% fine that you don't believe YOU can serve ethically in the the military.  That's fine.  What is overstepping bounds is saying you believe that NO ONE can serve ethically in the military.   In such statement you are imposing your judgement on everyone else. 

Ok well again if i don't feel "I" could than obviously i don't feel anyone could.. Gods commandments are for everyone he's not gonna say.   ok Jimmy don't kill anyone but you Mark you have the green light to murder as many people as you want . What's so hard to understand?.. The only one passing judgement wrongfully here is neuro typical. And i see you avoided the questuon also.. If Jesus were here right now would he join the military? Yes or no? 

13 hours ago, Jimmy Tucker said:

So you're ok with the soldiers that slaughtered 76% of native Americans? And the Nazi soldiers that threw the Jews in gas chambers? They're were all military right? 

I'm not sure if I'm getting all the messages this forum is very confusing.. So forgive me if i don't respond  I'm trying to answer all of them