Returning To Forum

The_PI_Guy

Greetings! From the vicinity of Portland, OR. I'm a long time on and off investigator of the church that is now a private investigator too. My journey began in 2013 when I first came across the Portland Temple. As a child I remembered visiting a beautiful building, but was too young to remember very much detail. I always saw it in my dreams and as I reached my teenage years the question of 'where?' came to mind every now and then with the desire to know growing quite powerful when I reached my young adult years.

One day while driving up the freeway I saw the Portland Temple which sparked my curiosity. Of course I had to stop by and check it out! I ended up speaking with a couple sisters at the visitors center. In the end, after about two years and twenty or so missionaries later I more so floundered off due to personal reasons. Every now and then I would read a little from the BoM, engage missionaries casually when I would run into them on the streets and even watch videos of my favorite Apostle speaking, David A. Bednar.

This Sunday I had a bit of a burning desire to attend the YSA Ward again, just to hear a Sacrament since it had been a few years now since my last. It was nice going in again, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to get back onto this forum once again as well. Couldn't log onto my old profile, so alas I have made a new one. Its nice to back, the wealth of knowledge and support here was always motivating for me back then and I hope it continues to be now as well.

24 minutes ago, zil said:

Welcome back, @The_PI_Guy!  Who were you before?  I'd bet the admins could fix your old account. :)

Not really.  A lot of users were deleted during the switch between LDS.net and Mormonhub.com.  Entire profiles were deleted (including our own Anatess -- that is why she's Anatess2 now).

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Oh man!  I thought PI meant Philippine Islands!  Private Investigator is just as good, though.  Welcome back!  Yeah, what was your name before?  At least we can do a search and see if you were talking bad about me and all that.  Hah hah!

I was M_T_E and I had another profile very briefly as well. No bad talking though I assure you. :P